• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking For Help/Direction (Eventually)

9johnson

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
I am a 77 year old widower living in Florida. I am a pc user, obviously, but not what I would call a real whiz at pc use. I decided to get rid of my land line and initially purchased a Jitterbug. I loved the simplicity of this phone, including the fact that it is a flip top. However, I thought the plans were too expensive and so I was steered by a friend to Virgin Mobile's LG Optimus V smart phone. I am having difficulty learning all of its ins and outs. I have read the user manual. And while it identifies all of the buttons, screens and etc it does not say what these icons do or are supposed to do. I am thinking of returning my phone. I see that you can not help me yet and so I will post a few comments and hope eventually someone will point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have you as a part of this community. :)
I'm sure we are more capable of answering more of your questions than what you might find inside your phone's manual.

There are a bunch of experience members here - who will give you help to get the best out of your device. Here is a link to your device's area of support; where you'll find great info, hints, and share tips & tricks on your device.

Link: LG Optimus V - Android Forums.
I hope your time here will be a memorable one.

Also, If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums.
Currently we have a new thread in our social area where existing members are paying
tribute to the new people that have just joined Android Forums. This is something
the regular users thought up to give you some idea how the group truly welcomes you to these forums. I encourage you to check out the thread and say hello. We are really glad that you joined these forums. Here is a link to that thread:
http://androidforums.com/lounge/508360-n-d-r-o-i-d-f-o-r-u-m-s-welcome-all-newbies-its-first-annual-newbie-appreciation-week.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones