• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Looking for Splitter to split mic from external speakers

Headset buddy, please can you make one of the following? Your TRRS splitter in a box format instead of a cable, or your TRRS splitter spliced to a bluetooth headset tranceiver, or your TRRS splitter spliced to an HTC audio mini USB cable.

that would be really useful....

Thanks!

(you're still really hard to find on the net by the way. try using the phrase "3.5mm mic/headphone splitter" repeatedly in your ads)

Upvote 0
Well ... that's basically what I'm doing. That's why, in the OP, I said I could solder it together myself if I could find the connector. I was hoping to have connectors, rather thas splice the wires, for a couple reasons. First, I haven't had much luck over the years splicing headset style speaker wires. They're 2 and 3 core wires, and splices can get messy and short out really easy with those, and a car is not the most friendly environment for that. I also wanted it disconnectable, as my son uses the same tape adapter wi...

Much agreed, I have looked for this for literally a year, radio shack, apple store, newegg etc etc. I had an iphone 3 for about a year and a half (hated it for a number of reasons).

I have Motorola S9 and an S9Hd. They work ok/Good for wireless headsets for when I am in the car and particularly when I am in the office, both on the phone and on the PC. Sometimes though, i like to be able to be totally hands free at the office when I am on my computer and both answer my phone and be able to listen to audio. Keeps your neck from kinking when you are on the phone and the computer at the same time too.

Ideally, I am going to use the cable you found in an earlier post and plug them into my computer from my Samsung Capitvate and then use that in conjunction with my office line and input that on the PC's rear line ins. I'll have all three that way, PC audio, and both phones on the headsets. Since I have two, I can keep them charged.

Problem is, the headset port on my office line is some funky tweak of RJxx, its not 11, 12, or 45, its thinner than all of those. I am willing to take my chances trying to splice that into a free headset wire and make it work (because that wont move it might be usable). We have extra headsets and the cable from the phone fits the plug on the headset port of our digital Nortel phones. I bought some wires to mini stereo cables from Radio Shack. That way I can get at least mono audio from both my phones to my wireless headset!
:D:D

Thank you whomever I am quoting.

PS it appears headset buddy has it...W00t!!! Just ordered with the cupon code. Excited. i onyl have two male to male ministereo's (3.5 mm) tho. I'll have to grab another two.

Upvote 0
I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd add this just in case anyone else wants to do something like this.

I wanted to do the same thing in my car. This is what I did.

I used this wire:
http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Audio-Video-Cable-classic/dp/B000GGQ2ZU/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1296593893&sr=8-22

Then I just bought an adapter to convert the red and white RCA connectors to a female 3.5mm connector. And the yellow RCA connector is for the mic.

I bought a PC mic from Radio Shack.

And I actually bought one of these to use instead of a cassette tape adapter. It gets in series with your stereo antenna wire, and has a powerful FM modulator.
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Audio-FM-Modulator-Universal/dp/B0007THIDQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1296593996&sr=1-8

I ran the mic to my driver side visor, and badda-bing, badda-boom, it works fantastically. I can listen to mp3's on my phone, or pandora or whatever, and if a call comes in, I just hit answer, and I've got fully-functional carphone. When the call ends, back to the music.

Installing the FM modulator was a pain, but well worth it. The sound quality is excellent. But cassette tape adapters work well too, I just didn't have a cassette player in my car or I might've gone that route. It would've been cheaper and simpler, but I think the sound is better the way I did it than a cassette adapter.

But with my setup, you could just plug the cassette adapter into the yellow wire and get the same results.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Sorry for digging out old thread.

Actually I am looking for the exact opposite of what threadstarter Goofdad was looking for.
I need an adapter so that I can use my handphone's stereo headset (which has a male 3.5mm TRRS jack) on my laptop (which has two separate female 3.5 outlets, one for the stereo headset and one for mic) for VOIP chat.

Can you guys advise me where I can buy them from?
What is the standard name of such adaptor?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones