• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost my Motorola Droid 2 Global

Last night was Halloween so I thought it would be fun to go out and walk around town. Sometime during walking, my phone slipped out of my jacket pocket. Somehow I didn't notice that it had, I didn't hear it hit the ground or anything. The first time I called it, it rang. The second time, it went straight to voicemail. After doing that, I decided to call Verizon, report it lost/stolen, and deactivate it. They told me whoever had it wouldn't be able to activate because of that, which I take they will notify me when or if someone tries. I did have a lock code with more than just four characters, so unless there is a way to hack it, it is basically no use to them. What are the chances of getting it back? It's a tiny place here, so there isn't a huge variety of places to reactivate it or anything. Google latitude was installed but I didn't have anyone added. Am I just out of luck?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones