• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lost power button menu after restoring with titanium backup

redvettez06

Jul 23, 2010
Hi,

I was having a buggy experience with Serendipity after upgrading to 6.2 from 5.12 including the loss of the power function button. By that, I mean it only functions to shut the screen off. I could no longer can press it to get the menu with reboot, recovery, etc. options. When I flashed Serendipity again, everything worked fine. After I restored my apps and data with Titanium Backup Pro, I noticed the loss of menu function. Everything else is working well as far as I can tell. Any help?

Hi,

I was having a buggy experience with Serendipity after upgrading to 6.2 from 5.12 including the loss of the power function button. By that, I mean it only functions to shut the screen off. I could no longer can press it to get the menu with reboot, recovery, etc. options. When I flashed Serendipity again, everything worked fine. After I restored my apps and data with Titanium Backup Pro, I noticed the loss of menu function. Everything else is working well as far as I can tell. Any help?
As you've seen, taking a picture fixes it. I will say, even when updating Serendipity, never, ever restore any system settings, it's just not worth it. Too many problems come from that restoration.

Upvote 0
As you've seen, taking a picture fixes it. I will say, even when updating Serendipity, never, ever restore any system settings, it's just not worth it. Too many problems come from that restoration.

Just had this missing power button menu problem myself on Serendipity 6.4 with Onix 2.05 kernel. I was just getting ready to reflash Serendipity after reflashing several kernels, then my searching finally yielded this post. I tried taking a picture and magically my power button "recovery, etc" menu was back. Thank you so much!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones