Loud Popping between songs Unbearable.Support

1. NickNas

NickNas Member

So I finally gave up my Gen 1 Droid X and got the S4. Love the phone and I am sure it will last for years.

Problem though. DAILY I use my phone for NAV and as the Music source in my car. I bought a adapter that connects my phone onto my Cars Bose system and it has always been flawless and CRYSTAL Clear.

Until the S4 I get Buzzing and even that old fashioned Whirring sound where you can here it actually run with the engine like an old AM radio.

When I get THAT to stop in between every single song or if a notification sound plays I get a LOUD popping sound.

Pro player and car dock ultra is what I use like I have for years with no problems.

HUGE disappointment especially for a phone that is supposed to be the best of the best.

Any Ideas?:confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. NickNas

NickNas Member

WOW 40 views and NO one else is having this problem or am I the only one who plugs this phone into their cars system?
  3. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Based on the package of what you do, it seems kind of niche. I do not get any noise via 3.5mm going to headphones or to auxiliary sources, but tend to use the radio or a cd when using gps.
  4. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Some phones are more susceptible to ground loop interference (caused by the alternator I think?) than others when connected to the audio system in your car. This might be what you're experiencing. It typically sounds like hissing or whining but I guess could cause popping as well. I've had this problem in my car using only certain phones and I bought a PAC ground loop isolator a year or two ago and I haven't had a problem since.
    NickNas likes this.
  5. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber New Member

Same problem. I also get it when I connect to my SAMSUNG 7.2 reciever.
  6. NickNas

NickNas Member

Ordering one right now . Thanks. We shouldn't need to do this with the best phone made. I didn't need it with the Old Droid X first Gen.

NN
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I don't get any noise using either 3.5 to a cassette adapter or using Bluetooth.

I would suggest to the OP though trying a different music player.