• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Memory

OnyxArtist

Lurker
Sep 10, 2022
Greetings Android Forum:

Thanks for your time. I was recently creating some art in Sketchbook Pro Mobile on my 16gb Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 tablet, and got the message I was running out of space. I went through and ran C Cleaner, but I still only have about 1 GB and change available. How do I get it down to about half of the 16gb max the tablet has? Here are my specs:

TABLET:
SAMSUNG SM-T800 running
Andrd6.0.1;
LATEST UPDATE: T800XXS1CR15/T800XAR1CR15 :

STORAGE:
*14.68gb of 16gb;
*Avail: 1.31gb;
*SysMem: 4.51gb;
*Used: 9.12gb;
*Other:1.05gb;
*Cached: 0.0b

**CLEARED CACHE IN ALL APPS TO 0

Looking forward to hearing back as I'm working on an art commission and need to free up significant space. Thanks.

Greetings Android Forum:

Thanks for your time. I was recently creating some art in Sketchbook Pro Mobile on my 16gb Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 tablet, and got the message I was running out of space. I went through and ran C Cleaner, but I still only have about 1 GB and change available. How do I get it down to about half of the 16gb max the tablet has? Here are my specs:

TABLET:
SAMSUNG SM-T800 running
Andrd6.0.1;
LATEST UPDATE: T800XXS1CR15/T800XAR1CR15 :

STORAGE:
*14.68gb of 16gb;
*Avail: 1.31gb;
*SysMem: 4.51gb;
*Used: 9.12gb;
*Other:1.05gb;
*Cached: 0.0b

**CLEARED CACHE IN ALL APPS TO 0

Looking forward to hearing back as I'm working on an art commission and need to free up significant space. Thanks.
I highly recomdend the infinite space you can get from Terabox, I know it sounds cheep, but you can upload your art up to around whatever is the limit to either your desktop and to the other one, I have around nine pages of my digital artwork from my p.c. and also tablet too, It really helped out my tablet too. Same one as you have too. I know the struggle, but that also you can try other clouds as well. Really free up your space that way.

Upvote 0
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s_10_5-6438.php
With 16GB of internal storage, once you take into account the installed Android operating system and other system-level services you're going to have about 11GB or so of free storage space. In your posting with general storage usage it indicates over 9GB of miscellaneous files, likely to be your Sketchbook working and saved files and data, photos, other apps you installed, etc.
Do you have a microSD card installed on your Tab A? If not, they're relatively inexpensive and while it's better to just get a mobile device with more internal storage, an added microSD card is an adequate workaround to add more storage space. If you do have one already, use the 'My Files' file manager app to move whatever files (saved Sketchbook files, photos, audio files, PDFs, etc.) from the internal storage to the card storage. Just guessing but given the Sketchbook app's purpose, creating artwork, the resulting working data for unsaved and in-progress image files are likely to be quite sizable. Opening up storage space by moving saved, finished, (and presumably compressed) files to the card will open up more free space.

Also suggest if you don't already have a backup solution implemented that you do so now. Don't put this off -- Backups are important.

Upvote 0
Greetings, Milo & svim:

Thanks so much. Is Terabox secure and is there a limit to how much one can store? And is there a fee? Regarding a MicroSD card, I have one and that was actually my Plan B. I also always have things backed up on an external TB drive.

Also, is it against the rules to post art (that I create) here? Just curious-I don't directly recall that being mentioned. I'm working on a HUGE bayverse-style Transformers commission for my Father-In-Law (it's an original character). Thx again.

Upvote 0
Greetings, Milo & svim:

Thanks so much. Is Terabox secure and is there a limit to how much one can store? And is there a fee? Regarding a MicroSD card, I have one and that was actually my Plan B. I also always have things backed up on an external TB drive.

Also, is it against the rules to post art (that I create) here? Just curious-I don't directly recall that being mentioned. I'm working on a HUGE bayverse-style Transformers commission for my Father-In-Law (it's an original character). Thx again.
As far as I know Terabox is really free, but every once a spell, well started using it over a year ago, due to my Aunt's last vacation and I was far away and looking for a different cloud, so I did download it to my tablet, my p.c. and Moto edge plus, it is compatable with Samsung's tablets too, and safe and secure, you can pretty much leave it running and only takes up to a few seconds to have it upload on everything your heart desires. :)

Ahhhh I was a fan of their movies for ages, and had all the toys too. Still I do not know what the newer ones are these days... :)

Reactions: OnyxArtist
Upvote 0
As far as I know Terabox is really free, but every once a spell, well started using it over a year ago, due to my Aunt's last vacation and I was far away and looking for a different cloud, so I did download it to my tablet, my p.c. and Moto edge plus, it is compatable with Samsung's tablets too, and safe and secure, you can pretty much leave it running and only takes up to a few seconds to have it upload on everything your heart desires. :)

Ahhhh I was a fan of their movies for ages, and had all the toys too. Still I do not know what the newer ones are these days... :)
Thx, Milo. I'll check it out.

Regarding Transformers, I'm more a fan of the old-school stuff from the 80s. I do like drawing movie-style designs because of the challenge.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
I did see Bumblebee in the cinema. :thumbsdowndroid:
Actually, I did, too. Saw it 2 weeks before it came out thanks to the AMC Stubs program. I cheered along with everyone else-especially when the Cybertron scene came on. That scene was AWESOME! IMO, Bumblebee (for the most part) is what the bayverse should have been. It wasn't perfect, but was a definite improvement. Outside of Bumblebee, I stopped paying to see those films when the 4th and 5th one came out. Not feeling confident about the forthcoming ROTB film, given that most of the usual bayverse suspects are behind it. I could write a Thesis on the problems with the bayverse, LOL, but I will not do it here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones