• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "Low on space" again and again

kryptonyt

Aug 3, 2011
I actually wrote about this in the past. Managing apps, deleting apps have always worked to make that annoying reminder go away. But it's back again.
My last move was to delete a couple of large apps which worked for 6 months or so. I haven't downloaded any new apps but what I'm wondering what EVO keeps that adds up over time?

I frequently delete cache and delvck? cache but it now seems that the amount of space is so small it is effecting my gmail account and I can not "recovery" in Quick Boot and I can't seem to uninstall apps from Titanium.

Is it possible that saved texts and call history is boating things?

On second look: Titanium won't even launch. It's says " Obtaining permission" but it never get's permission. Quick Boot tells me that it has obtained permission but it does not reboot as it once did when I quick hit the off button.
I deleted a 3.9 meg app called camera scan but the space icon is still present. I rebooted the conventional way but the icon is still there.
I see Google drive as using 17.54 MB. As long as it doesn't change/effect drive in general I can delete that Amazon MP 3 player is a 12.04 MB app
I see that every text that has ever been sent or received is still in memory somewhere. How do I delete them?

Upvote 0
I know that text messages take up alot of space, but how do you know they are in memory somewhere?
Are all your texts deleted but still hanging around somewhere?

This probably sounds lame but unless I go into menu a simple delete message is not an option. So, for instance I get a text when I pay my bill. Looking at that last message it tells me that I have 45 messages from the sender. I'm trying to find a place where it tells me how much space is being used to store messages. In the past I made a point of deleting all pictures and video's sent but never bothered deleting all the messages.

I still have lot's of space on my sd card and some of the messages I would like to keep. But how much space is being used just for messages? And can I transfer them to the card or to my computer?

I deleted about 10 MB's of apps and the icon is still there.

Upvote 0
you should look into partitioning your sd card and use darktremors to move apps to the card. this way you do not have to ever worry about space;)

in this guide:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

skip to the second post for the information.

Hey OB,

I'm on the verge of getting a new phone/ carrier and probably need to post in a different threat about those worries and questions.

darktremors sounded very familiar to me as if you and perhaps others suggested this option in the past. I even remember spending a fir amount of time reading up on what needed to be done for me download it and install it properly. What I don't remember exactly was why it was never done.
With a new phone and carrier in my future I might need to grin and bare it for a little longer.

I did manage to delete a ton of messages which in fact lead to that low space icon disappearing. Then I deleted a few more apps to open up even more space.

But there are other things going on and as one forum member said: " sounds like your phone is going " wonky " I had never heard the word " wonky " used before that post. Since then I hear it all over the place including on network TV as well as FOX. Lots of people now use the word even though I think they may be taking liberties with the meaning of the word or maybe that's what happens when one lives in a cave too long.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hey OB,

I'm on the verge of getting a new phone/ carrier and probably need to post in a different threat about those worries and questions.

darktremors sounded very familiar to me as if you and perhaps others suggested this option in the past. I even remember spending a fir amount of time reading up on what needed to be done for me download it and install it properly. What I don't remember exactly was why it was never done.
With a new phone and carrier in my future I might need to grin and bare it for a little longer.

I did manage to delete a ton of messages which in fact lead to that low space icon disappearing. Then I deleted a few more apps to open up even more space.

But there are other things going on and as one forum member said: " sounds like your phone is going " wonky " I had never heard the word " wonky " used before that post. Since then I hear it all over the place including on network TV as well as FOX. Lots of people now use the word even though I think they may be taking liberties with the meaning of the word or maybe that's what happens when one lives in a cave too long.:thinking:

well dt is fairly easy to do and it should work on most roms minus the ics roms as i'm not sure if they have it cooked in or it does not work......can't remember:(

just follow the guide and you should be fine......unless you really do want to wait until you get a new phone.....up to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones