• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low resolution "contact icons" keep reverting to low quality even after changing

luigic81

Android Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2010
Portland, OR
So I noticed that when I chose a picture to "set as contact icon" that the quality of the pic was terrible. I read somewhere on the forum how to fix this, which was to go into the contact, press menu-edit-remove photo,
then menu-add photo, and it worked, but after 1 call to that person, then the pic reverts back to the low quality one.....???? WTF?
Anyone know how to make stay as the HQ pic?

See the thing is that when you set your high qualit picture on the contact icon
it syncs up with your google account. google's contact picture is smaller than the picture you set so they re size it.
basically the only way to have a high quality pic for your contacts you need to stop the sync with your google account (only the contacts)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones