Low resolution picture viewerSupport

Last Updated:

1. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Recently my phone only shows my pictures in low resolution until I zoom in a tiny bit, then suddenly it sharpens into the full quality image. Is it suddenly displaying low res thumbnails for my images until I try looking at them? It never did this before, and it's not a 2.2 change as it started doing it a day or two before I updated it...

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

if you leave it a minute, do the hi res ones then appear? it might just have reloaded the cache

3. StuartTheFish

No, it only shows the full quality image once I try zooming in. It still shows it in poor quality when in fullscreen too, until I zoom. The next time I view it, it's back to low res again until I zoom.

4. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

That definitely does not happen on my phone (2.2).

5. StuartTheFish

It never used to on mine either, just noticed it recently. It wasn't the change to 2.2 that caused it either, as it started doing it just before I updated. Odd.

6. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

i have the same issue though it's not a big one of course.

i too noticed the same thing a week or two ago but since 1) my eyesight is poor 2) it's not that unreasonable for the preview pic to be of a low res until you zoom, i just brushed it off. however, i did think 'wait a minute, i swear preview pics was a bit clearer before' so i guess this confirms it's not just me.

btw i have my photo albums set in grid mode; the low res thumbnails is when you press to view an individual pic.

p.s i'm on stock 2.1, not unrooted or debranded etc + it's not 'low' res as in 'omg i can see the pixels!' but they're a tiny bit blurred out. it's subtle but noticeable since i already subconsciously thought of it.

7. StuartTheFish

Mine isn't just doing it while in grid view, it's doing it when I have actually clicked on the picture and started to view it fullscreen. It still looks poor until I zoom in a little. So does anyone know a way of forcing it to show the images in full quality without the smudge filter?

8. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

This is a well-known consequence of being a fish :D

9. StuartTheFish

It seemed to right itself for a bit yesterday, but today the pictures look even worse, they're actually pixellated now right until I zoom in, then they suddenly sharpen up. Could it be a file space issue? My 4gb microSd card is brimmed...

10. mabizela

mabizela Active Member

All pictures such as app preview pics, facebookpictures and album pictures al show in low res which is really bugging me.

11. danielvago

danielvago Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem! I view my pictures in full-screen and they look smudged, fuzzy, un-sharp, then I zoom in a little bit and they sharpen right up. When I zoom all the way out again it smudges up again.

How common of a problem is this? Anyone knows anything about this?

12. mistaguy

mistaguy New Member