• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help M.X.HC3.2 Discovery's

Michael.aw

Jul 20, 2011
USA
I've had my M.X.HC3.2 for one week know and I'm very satisfied with it. With the high quality of the hardware as well as the software.

What I'm thinking of doing with this one thread is to come back and edit (add to it) each time I think I've found a discovery.

My discovery's for now will tend to be simple, not too technical aspects to them.

Such as, (Comments, corrections, fixes, etc welcomed!)

01. In this forum search, I have to use Advanced Search because the first drop down box isn't allowing me to type in, when I start to type the keyboard goes off.

02. Swype doesn't work yet in HC3.2. (As of July, 2011)

03. Using Google +, full function not available in App, better to use browser and use web page gives all functions.

04. AVG anti-virus and more is available Thru 'Market'.

05. Press and Hold, the up arrow key on keyboard until a line shows at bottom of up arrow button locks in upper case in alphabet mode.

06. Skype is available thru 'Market'.

07. With keypad open, in lower left off screen is an icon that looks like a dial with a pointer. Press it and a menu appears, press Android keyboard settings, from here you can customize text correction (spelling suggestions will be visable as well as other word suggestions.

08. I think, not sure, if you allow screen to go blank by itself, via screen time out settings which can be customized for various time durations, then you open Apps and email inbox alarm sound all seem to stay active. But if you press and hold the on/off button on back of case the power goes completely off and all open apps close and no email arrival alarm.

05. Not sure what you're doing, but I can't get a caps lock function by pressing and holding anything. By Up arrow, do you mean the shift key? If so, it's not doing it for me. If another up arrow, which one?

On my version of honeycomb 3.2 there are two arrows pointing up on either side of keyboard. When in letters not numbers they make the letters goes fromupper case and back to lower case, when letters are in lower case and you press and hold either of them until a green outline shows up, then all letters stay in upper case until you press the arrow again. Hopes this helps.

Upvote 0
Try double tapping the arrow.

Yes, you're right. Double tapping shift key (referred to a s arrow key in this thread) envokes capitalisation.

As far as a short press of the power button on the rear of the chassis is concerned (not 3/4 secs. which powers off the Xoom completely), the assertion that this 'powers everything off' is wrong - you should still get mail notification sounds and the LED on the top right should flash intermittantly. If this does not happen then there is something wrong with your Xoom or your sound/notfication settings. You can set the volume for sounds individually, i.e. different volumes for notifications and playback and communications. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones