m900 wireless tether not working

Last Updated:

1. carnivalrejectq

carnivalrejectq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the latest froyo rom 1.87 installed and i can not get this app to work. Didnt work with the previous version either. I dont understand what is going on or what im doing wrong. Have tried to have my PC, blackberry,ps3 and psp try to find the hotspot but none of them could, not with manual entrys of the SSID either. Is there anything im supposed to be changing in other settings of the phone??!? Im really lost.

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

you shouldn't have to change any of the setting except to have it underclock the moment while tethering.do you get any errors when you start the program?open the app push the little green button wait till it turns red then open up your connections on your comp and you should see one called android tether.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

What kernel are you running?

4. momentandroid

momentandroid Well-Known Member

ive connected to my laptop using radioactive froyo and it works fine. it wont work on my psp though. idk about others but ive tethered itouch and laptop and it works.

5. carnivalrejectq

I did not have it under clocked but it doesent seem to be helping and y I know how to start tethering by pressing the green button duh LOL. And the kernel is 2.6.29.

6. momentandroid

thats not the kernel thats 2.1. ur kernel is under build number. but if ur on radioactive froyo u should be on meatkernel 2.0.3. it has tethering support so idk why it doesnt work for u.

7. carnivalrejectq

Yep... meatkernel 2.0.3 .......idk but i wish it did i was really looking forward to the feature when installing the rom lol

8. momentandroid

wait what do u mean green button? are u refering to the widget? if u are that might be the problem. ive seen that the widget doesnt work sometimes. try using the app. if not then idk

9. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

i know some of this is really basic but you might have over looked something... make sure wifi is enabled on your comp.if thats not it then uninstall wifi tether and then reboot and reinstall it.