Macro Lens AttachmentAccessories

Last Updated:

1. HTCLUVR

HTCLUVR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I had a 2-10X optical zoom lense/case for my Omnia and I'm really hoping something similar is released for the Incredible. It was great going birdwatching, to concerts, etc and being able to take really nice close-up photos without them being pixelated.

3. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

If you ever find one for the Dinc , give me a yell, please.
    thanks

4. waynester

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Can someone measure the lens diameter? It has to be 13mm

6. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

One of the comments mentioned that it is 9mm.

7. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

8. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I ordered one last night. If DX keeps moving at the current pace, I should have it next week. I will let you guys know if it works and take photos.

waynester, necosino and MTC like this.
  9. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

wow. I'd want this macro lens and the 2-10x lens attachment. Before this thread I didn't even know those existed for phones! :)

10. waynester

+1 Same boat , diff lake.
    I'd like to play with these also, as long as the price is within reason, as I said play

11. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Here are some samples with the little macro attachment and the Incredible. First pic is just a standard shot. Second is as close as I could get without losing focus using the regular camera, third is with the macro attachment.

I didn't shoot it too well admittedly and should've focused better, plus there's definite run-off at the edges of the image, but you get the idea.

You can use a sticky washer on the phone's camera lens to ensure it clamps tightly and magnetically, but I found it works on the regular lens just fine, albeit a lot more loosely. But as it's not going to be used permanently, I didn't like the idea of the sticky washer being permanently affixed to the phone lens!

These shots were not post-processed, merely resized to 800x478 from original 8Mb images.

Attached Files:

12. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

13. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Have you gotten your's yet from DealExtreme?

14. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

15. Taylored

Sorry for the delay in my response. I received the lens on Tuesday, but have just now had some time to sit down with it. I am very impressed.

Innocase users beware. It is a pain to use this lens with the innocase unless you want to remove the stock lens cover(which I did because it was scratched). Works great now. I will put up some photos of the lens with my case at some point this weekend. For now, here are some photos I took this afternoon. Flickr: thetaylored's Photostream

16. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member

Got mine today. Works great, but it looks like the outer part of the lens on the phone is not really magnetic metal. The macro lens barely sticks to it. And the whole wide angle will not even hold onto the phone lens, its too heavy. However, the macro lens does stick to other metal with a strong force. So, it's not something that we can do anything about. But the images are cool.
    Picasa Web Albums - Jeff James - Macro lens on...

fiskadoro likes this.
  17. Taylored

18. zwasserm

zwasserm New Member

Damn those pics are sick! I found a tarantula the other day and couldn't get any good close ups it just got blurry. Where did you buy it taylor?

19. Taylored

20. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

does anybody have this who also has a 2150 HTC battery with the extended door? will i have to dremel out a hole?

21. Taylored

I do not have the 2150 ext, but it looks like you would indeed have to cut out a hole, or you could just stick the metal ring directly on the case. It may change the view you get from the macro lens, but it should work.

The lens comes with 2 metal rings that are sticky on one side. You must attach one directly to the lens or your case because the magnetic lens will not stick to the aluminum lens casing that comes with the phone. You will notice in my photos that I just took my lens casing off and slapped the metal ring directly over the lens.

22. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

are you leaving the macro lens permanently attached, instead of the normal lens cover? when i had an omnia, i left my camera in macro mode all the time and it didn't have any ill effects on regular shots, just made them clearer. is that what you're doing with the macro lens? i just hate to dremel out a hole if i'm not going to me leaving the lens on permanently.

also, how far out the back of the phone does it protrude? one of the things i like about the extended battery door is that the phone doesn't rest on the lens cover anymore.

23. Taylored

The lens is too big to leave on, and it is only attached with a magnet. So it would not stay on well anyway.
    Also, the macro lens is only good in very close conditions. It makes your camera near-sighted. The lens also comes with a wide angle lens which screws on top of the macro lens.
    I will try to post more photos of my setup this week. I have an extended battery as well.

24. Taylored

Here are some photos of my current set up. Sorry for the poor quality, but I just shot these with my wife's Palm.

Attached Files:

25. Taylored

:/
    lost my lens today.
    Bad idea to put this on your key ring.