• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom walkthrough

Nevermind, got gold in CataComb today!

Roughly:
Marketplace
2 Warriors
Level 3 Marketplace
Warrior Guild Northwest
4 Warriors
Ranger's Guild
4 Rangers
Blacksmith
Level 3 Blacksmith
Level 2 Castle
Temple of Krolm
4 Barbarians
Warrior's Guild
4 Warriors

Take out the first 2 huts to the north/west/south/east after getting 4 Rangers. Then just go to each treasure-chest area one at a time, allowing everyone to go back home in between each. The southeast, northwest and northeast areas are easiest.

Gold on day 42, not sure how much higher you can go. I recall getting silver in around day 45-50.

Upvote 0
I have been playing this game for a few weeks and find it pretty enjoyable. But I'm getting tripped up on the "Vampire Chronicles" mission. Twice in a row I've played the mission and met the winning condition ("Destroy the vampire castle"), but I get a message saying the vampire escaped, that he'll be back, then the freaking scenario resets and won't let me move on to the next one. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
I have been playing this game for a few weeks and find it pretty enjoyable. But I'm getting tripped up on the "Vampire Chronicles" mission. Twice in a row I've played the mission and met the winning condition ("Destroy the vampire castle"), but I get a message saying the vampire escaped, that he'll be back, then the freaking scenario resets and won't let me move on to the next one. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think there is a next scenario yet. I think it is intended to be a clifhanger ending to keep you interested for when the game updates and they deliver more content.

I'm still stuck on CataComb, I tried the recipee above but found the rangers to still be useless (they die at the slighhtest scratch and cower by their base, its the knights that head out when I ask). Any other advice apreciated

Upvote 0
They're going to die. A lot. If you can't manage them with save/loads, 4 extra warriors or barbarians doesn't hurt. Necromancers are actually decent for taking down huts, but as soon as they get brave around dwarves, they're screwed because their skeletons are often far away and their magic attack does nothing to dwarves. The Temple of Crypta might be worth having for a bit to let your heroes buy poison weapons, but the Crypta units are absolutely not viable against the massive amount of units on CataComb.

Warriors, Paladins and Barbarians are the only ones that can fend for themselves, but Paladins are way too expensive. Rangers are worth micromanaging because they're cheap, decent at high levels, and love collecting treasure chests. It's still a puzzle to me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I actually answered my own question a few days later when I saw that you could play the dragon scenario if you had earned a gold rating on every other scenario. Just for kicks, I tried playing everything on Bloodthirsty level — completely stalled at the scenario where you have to crush all the elves or come up with $40,000 in 40 days. Started it over I don't know how many times before just giving up and uninstalling the game last night.

I don't remember the CataComb mission too well. My experience is that rangers are generally useless. I stopped using them the second or third scenario. My base formula for most games is get lots of well-armed muscle on the board (two warrior guilds) and then experiment from there on which additional guilds or temples provide the best edge. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Any one ever get info on how to beat Necronomicon? I have tried a couple of times and have not been able to get through it.

Build a guild to the northwest and buy a warrior.

Set a waypoint on the nearest grave and save before the warrior spawns.

If he doesn't go to the grave/waypoint upon spawning, load and ensure he does. Start building another warrior's guild to the west, and set a waypoint on the next set of graves on the top edge (repeating the same save/load process to ensure they go there immediately). Retire your level 1 warrior before opening these graves so that none of the higher-level new units retire themselves.

The last set of graves you should open for now are at the zombie hut further north, but only after your second guild finishes.

After that you should have 8 units of warriors/paladins. During that time you should at least get a marketplace (behind castle and guilds, it's easily destroyed on this map). Now get your wizard's guild + library started and scout the wizards at the top-corner of the map if possible; endless waves of enemies should be starting around that time, so you should mostly defend until you are strong enough to barrel across the map.

The other units in graves aren't quite as important but you can build empty guilds for units when needed. Once your wizards are strong (and optionally the wizards guild is lvl3 to make things easier), travel directly west and destroy the necromancer castle.

Upvote 0
Any one ever get info on how to beat Necronomicon? I have tried a couple of times and have not been able to get through it.

I've been trying for a couple days on Peacemaker and can't get past the first wave. By the time they come I have 1 guild, 1 market, 1 hovel, 1 blacksmith. I'll have 4 warriors and usually have level 2 stuff in the blacksmith. I just can't get money fast enough, even if I start by building 1 market and waiting around until I can build another before I start building anything else.

I'll try Jerkstoresup's method buy I feel like there should be a way to beat the level without having to resort to chance. Also I have no idea how you could survive long enough to get 8 units doing that. You start with so little money in this level.

Upvote 0
Greetings!
I purchased Majesty a week or so ago and am really loving it. So far I managed to beat all the levels except the last one without any trouble, however I cannot for the life of me beat "Vampire Chronicles". Thanks to the high amount of money I have at the beginning I manage to start up a camp pretty fast and end up gaining thousands of gold each in-game day; however, all my heroes continue to die just by walking around due to the cursed grounds. Resurrecting them with the Temple of Crypta lv3 spell is useless since if they died on cursed grounds they usually die just a second or two after I resurrected them.. Which means I have then to train new heroes, who die even faster being level 1 again by just walking around.
Is there any way to prevent the heroes from taking damage at all?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Upvote 0
Units without high magic-resistance will get gobbled up on Vampire Chronicles. Warriors are nearly impossible to keep alive; I only buy 4 at the beginning for lvl2 castle and early enemies. After that, Dwarves, Wizards and Necromancers should be pumped out and leveled up as fast as possible. If they're not a decent level by the time you start fighting vampires, you're screwed.

I feel like there should be a way to beat the level without having to resort to chance.

You're playing the wrong game then, because even the best strategies can be ruined by a single unit making a bad decision. Necronomicon is one of the most chance-driven levels in the game, so don't neglect saving and loading.

The blacksmith and market are not as important as having enough units to fend off the early large waves. Since you start with little money, you have to take advantage of the warriors and paladins trapped to the north, and get them back to your base to defend. The next priority is being able to actually kill the hordes rather than blocking them, which wizards are best at.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten gold on bloodthirsty on the catacomb level using a different strategy than the one mentioned earlier in this thread?

All you need is:
8 Warriors
8 Warriors of Discord
2 level 3 Markets
level 3 castle
level 3 blacksmith

I lost my progress twice (never used the synchronize), and I just got the gold for the third time this way and I know it works.

Don't bother with the dwarven towers. Warriors of Discord make short work of the Dwarven hordes when they show up. Warriors shouldn't die, but save occasionally and reload if one does, as you don't want to waste gold hiring a new one. I had all 16 warriors, two level 3 markets and level 3 castle by day 25-26, and then started upgrading the blacksmith.

On day 30 I had about 10k gold and saved the game. Use this as a milestone and save your game here. From this point, you can just set the phone down and let it run to the end. If you don't get 50k by the beginning of day 42, reload and let it run again; you will get it. I had my tax collectors set to 175/250. You can micromanage them and save/reload to prevent losing gold, but I didn't bother and just let it run on it's own.

I had a loss on day 42 as well as a win on day 42, so it appears that you need the 50k closer to the start of the day.

Build order:
- 3rd Warrior (you start with 2)
- Market-> level 3
- 4th Warrior
- Blacksmith -> +1 Attack
- 2nd Warrior Guild + 4 more Warriors
- 2nd Market-> level 3
- Castle level 2
- Temple of Crypta
- 3rd Warrior Guild + 4 Warriors of Discord
- Castle level 3
- 4th Warrior Guild + 4 Warriors of Discord
- Fully upgrade Blacksmith

Good luck!

Upvote 0
After you've killed the other two elves, build some Dwarven towers just outside the range of the mightiest elf. To figure out the correct location, build one close to him, if he immediately destroys it, move out a bit until he no longer destroys the tower.

Note that the constantly spawning harpies tend to destroy pre-built towers, so after you know the correct distance from the elf, build 2 at a time. Then slowly expand the line of towers, building them as close to one another as possible. When new towers are right beside finished towers, the harpies aren't able to easily destroy prebuilt towers and buildings. You can also create a few dwarves and set a scout point at the towers. Dwarves will quickly build towers for you.

Next, build a temple of Crypta right outside the Dwarven Towers. I built Dwarven towers to the north and east, and the temple to the east, just behind the towers. You'll have to retire any Temple of Agrela (healers) in order to build a Temple of Crypta. This isn't a problem, as healers won't help kill that last elf.

Upgrade the Temple of Crypta to level 3 and then train 4 Necromancers. Necromancers are worthless against the elf until the temple has been upgraded to level three, so don't waste money training any until the temple is fully upgraded.

Cast the Wither spell on the elf every 30 seconds or so
(this costs 300 gold). Then send all 4 level 3 Necromancers against the elf. Some will walk right into his range and be killed, but eventually, some will stay out of his range and send waves of undead against him. The undead will die, but the necro will stay alive. Whenever a necromancer is killed, quickly train another.

Eventually, the elf will move towards the necromancers where he'll run into the many Dwarven towers you've created. The dwarven towers arrows combined with attacks from the the undead, and the repeated Wither spells will eventually kill him. I've also found that regular warriors tend to last longest against the elf. I sent a few of those as well.

The main reason that last elf is so hard to kill is that he regains his health very quickly. If your reinforcements have to march all the way across the map, he'll be healthy be the time they arrive. This is why you need to build temples right next to his location- so when a Necromancer dies, another is quickly able to take up the fight. You may even want to build 2 temples of crypta just outside his range. Perhaps even a warrior guild there as well. If you don't have any dwarves yet, build their fortress near him as well.

Note that keeping up the wither spells and continually creating Necromancers and warriors can cost a lot of gold. If don't have enough gold to keep this up, build another market or two ( or three ) before starting this final push.
I've tried your method but I just can't finish this level. Please help, I'm stuck on this level :'(

Upvote 0
This is really a great game and it seems like the only online available faq is here.

@AshimaGupta I played only bloodthirsty on every level, and for elvish princess, I played in a similar manner as arcii. Aside from having healers, you need to micro manage the heal spell on the paladin solo-ing the elf and keep her blessed. A decently leveled paladin with good equipment will wear him down eventually as long as you keep her healed with the manual 'heal' spell.

I have a question, if I play on other settings, will the points add up?

Upvote 0
This is really a great game and it seems like the only online available faq is here.

@AshimaGupta I played only bloodthirsty on every level, and for elvish princess, I played in a similar manner as arcii. Aside from having healers, you need to micro manage the heal spell on the paladin solo-ing the elf and keep her blessed. A decently leveled paladin with good equipment will wear him down eventually as long as you keep her healed with the manual 'heal' spell.

I have a question, if I play on other settings, will the points add up?

Sorry I have never tried it, so i don't know..and thanks, i'll try it on the bloodthirsty level.. (I always play on the easiest one)

Upvote 0
@jerkstoresup, I am having difficulty with the Necronomicon level because when you rescue the heroes from the crypts, the rescued heroes will eventually disappear and go back into the crypts (they aren't retiring themselves - a red mist appears by their feet and they vanish). I don't know if that is a glitch or what is meant to happen. The waves are too steady to set a scouting flag by the crypts to have the heroes freed again. There isn't enough time to level up the castle and build the proper buildings in the amount of time you have all the heroes before they disappear. Is there a proper build order in addition to rescuing the heroes?

Upvote 0
Nevermind on my previous Necronomicon level post. I figured out a build order that worked for me:

-Warrior's Guild west of the castle
-Warrior's Guild south of the caste
-Rescue the heroes in the 3 crypt sites along the top-right of the screen: 1 crypt is above your castle, then 3 crypts northwest, then 2 more crypts northwest. You have to place $1,000 scouting flags along the upper edge of the map near the crypt sites so the heroes rapidly move to the area while avoiding the monsters on their way to the crypts sites. If the heroes do not hug the upper edge of the map as they move towards the scouting flags (and eventually the crypts below the scouting flags which the heroes should approach after they collect the scouting flags and kill any monsters in the area), they will engage monsters as they see them and they will never make it to the scouting flags. You have to rapidly move to each of the 3 crypt sites before the monsters increase the strength and pacing of their attacks. After rescuing the heroes, you should have 8 warriors/paladins (2 created via the guilds).
-Upgrade Palace to level 2
-Temple to Krolm x 4 Krolm Warriors
-Temple to Krolm x 4 Krolm Warriors
-Marketplace
-Blacksmith to level 3
-Dwarven Fortress x 3 Dwarves
-Build Dwarven Towers around your kingdom
-Wizard Guild to level 3

If you build a marketplace too early, you won't be able to fend off the trolls that pop up. This level is about having high numbers of heroes as fast as possible since the rescued heroes disappear back into their crypts eventually. You cannot replace the heroes that disappear back into the crypts: they count towards the 4 hero limit per guild and cannot be dismissed. The Krolm warriors should give you enough heroes to fend off the monsters even with the heroes disappearing back into the crypts, as they build fast, are relatively cheap, and can kill skeletons with 2 swings. Their cheap cost and fast build time makes them ideal for replacing low-level Krolm warriors that may die early on. If you build 2 Dwarven Fortresses and another Warrior's Guild, you'll be able to keep the freed heroes in the crypts in other parts of the level.

Upvote 0
@liebes74

I have a totally different strategy from yours. There are a few things I observed based on my experience. Heroes have a tendency to explore in relation to where their guilds are facing. You are right in that the key is to have heroes fast. As to before they eventually disappear into the crypt, I thought the game mentioned that you need a level 3 wizard guild to prevent that? So I think you should try to get it as soon as you can afford to, since the heroes you rescue don't disappear right at the outset, as long as you don't exceed your hero limit. And this is how I do it (rough memory since it's been a while).

Assuming north is our cardinal north (pointing upwards), I built a warrior guild to as far above (north) the castle as possible. After building the warrior, the chance of it spotting the first crypt is very high, since it is very close. I set an explore flag at the crypts further north and to the northmost tip as early as I can (and I never set explore flags above 100 gold). And because the massive enemy waves has not started and since they are facing north, the chance of the 2 heroes going after the closer explore flag is quite high (as far as I can remember). Once the next set of crypts are opened, and if your guild is under attack, some of them will go back and defend. With the set of northern crypt heroes, it is sufficient to defend your camp, but they will be stuck there because the waves keep coming. The key is to get the northern crypt heroes ASAP otherwise whatever heroes you have will be stuck defending your camp.

FYI, I almost always build marketplace as the first building (after a gnome hovel if possible) (though I can't remember whether it was true for this stage since I can't remember much). Not building marketplace early will hurt your income and the potions will extend your heroes' battle capabilities, though in Necrominion, your heroes should be able to outrun everything except spiders (are there spiders? can't remember). There is a catch to the trolls, as well as to whatever rats or undead that spawn in your camp. They are random events and if you save often when you are sure that the game is in your favor), you can load the game when trolls spawn during early stages of the game when you can't afford any losses (including your tax collectors and income). I always play bloodthirsty and I can never afford a hero dying on me.

Once I'm in defending mode, I turtle and accumulate enough gold and level wizard guild to 3, and I never had a hero disappear on me once. After you reach that stage, any build should be able to secure a victory. Except for Harpies and Dragon stages, I almost always use 8-12 wizards for firepower with 2 marketplaces to support my income whenever I can build wizards.

Upvote 0
I have a more basic strategy for Paladin Riots/Necro level: The key is to have enough "beds" available for the warriors/paladins/wizards/whatever being released from the caskets. This keeps them around after they have a pause in the fighting. If they don't have a building to walk into, they head into the castle and disappear, "leaving the kingdom." This keeps the stronger fighters, and you don't use your money buying the weaker fighters.

So, I built a Warrior Guild, then the Market, then bought a Warrior and set an explore flag to the second set of caskets to the West. Then I saved up to get the second Warrior Guild, and had it built by the time the Paladins came back to base camp. I didn't set a flag towards the caskets holding the wizards until I had a Wizard's Guild purchased. I also found that I didn't need the Blacksmith until after I had the wizard's guild.

Doing this, I finally completed the level at a Peacekeeper level, with Gold, in 59 days. I think I can cut a few days from that, but honestly, I'm disgusted with how much time I just spent on that!

Upvote 0
I have a more basic strategy for Paladin Riots/Necro level: The key is to have enough "beds" available for the warriors/paladins/wizards/whatever being released from the caskets. This keeps them around after they have a pause in the fighting. If they don't have a building to walk into, they head into the castle and disappear, "leaving the kingdom." This keeps the stronger fighters, and you don't use your money buying the weaker fighters.

So, I built a Warrior Guild, then the Market, then bought a Warrior and set an explore flag to the second set of caskets to the West. Then I saved up to get the second Warrior Guild, and had it built by the time the Paladins came back to base camp. I didn't set a flag towards the caskets holding the wizards until I had a Wizard's Guild purchased. I also found that I didn't need the Blacksmith until after I had the wizard's guild.

Doing this, I finally completed the level at a Peacekeeper level, with Gold, in 59 days. I think I can cut a few days from that, but honestly, I'm disgusted with how much time I just spent on that!

liebes74 already mentioned that it's not due to the heroes retiring (i.e. walking into the castle and disappearing).

Upvote 0
@arcii,

Thank you for the tips for the Eloped Wife level. I am having difficulty with the build you suggest because you only have 8 warriors to fight off the elves, spiders, and trolls. With the buildings placed so far from the castle, once the elves start attacking the castle, the warriors will spread out too much. Does anyone have any other builds they can suggest for the Eloped Wife level? I have tried priests and paladins, necromancers and warriors of discord, dwarves and dwarven towers (the elves quickly destroy the towers) but the trolls attack in massive numbers (I counted 24 of them attacking at one point) and the heroes take too long to kill the trolls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones