• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manfacturer selling computer device with Android device with free android apps?

edamam

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Hi everyone.
I was wondering if it is possible for a manufacturer to sell a computer device with an Android OS with Pre-installed free android apps from the Android Market..?

Would this be in issue (regarding distribution rights).

Thought it would be better to make sure before making a big mistake..

Your answers would be of a lot of help!

Thanks in advance!

Edamam

If it's free, I don't see why it would be an issue. And quite a few netbook makers are using Android as opposed to Chrome OS, on their netbooks. (And most posts start with, the Android OS which is usually found on cell phones, instead of Chrome OS which was made to work on netbooks......). But yeah, quite a few manufacturers are installing Android on their netbooks, possibly laptops - i write about netbooks so only know about that sorry. And I'm pretty sure they come with free apps (possibly even paid ones) pre-installed, so it's usable as a netbook/laptop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones