• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maps weather display

Who has the weather icon/display in Maps? I totally forgot it was supposed to be rolling out (since October) and don't have it on my Pixel 7 (Verizon). A friend just called to see what it was, why it just appeared and could it be hidden (no, it apparently can't be), he has a Nord N30 5g (T-Mobile). Not sure I really even want it because Maps is getting way too cluttered but what's up with the huge delay in updates? So, who has it and who doesn't?

It's just a small icon on the left with temp and AQI, it expands if you tap it to show a little more info. Not a big deal IMO and easily ignored.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121-151630_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121-151630_Maps.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0
and easily ignored
Yeah, I know it's not big but I really do think there are just too many 'boxes' along the top already, it's distracting. I'd much prefer a drop-down for gas/restaurants/shopping etc., and they just need to stop with the 'latest in' popping up, that too can go in the drop-down menu. Get rid of that stuff and weather would be fine, I just wish it was tidier :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones