• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market - Download Unsuccessful

tainor

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
Hi guys,

Last Sunday I bought a new Galaxy S, I love the phone runs fast and all, screen is brilliant, all general I pretty much love the phone.

Now my bane starts, couple of days ago I added AppBrain, yesterday I tried to add an app and it came up as download unsuccessful.
Then today mostly all my downloads from the Market Place have came up with this error as well. I had uninstalled AppBrain from my phone, turned off and take the battery out and turn on again.

What is weird is that some apps would download and some will not? When I try to click on the download unsuccessful from the Download Manager it takes me to a completely different app then the one I tried to download?
I had looked into couple of solutions, that state to clear the Market cache and Checkin Service, but for me this does not work?

Does any of you know how to fix this, can you guys help out, please?

EDIT: What most answers about fixing this problem online failed to mention, was that u needed to take out the battery and leave it out for couple of minutes. So this fixed my problem.
If a mod feels like deleting this feel free, or leave it for other people who might have a simular problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones