• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root marketplace/google checkout disconnection?

bigdroiddog

Dec 8, 2009
Looking for second opinions and solutions. I had about 70 or so apps between paid and free. All were listed in my download list on the market as installed or if i uninstalled a paid app it would still say purchased for downloading again at a later time. After using the wipe but keep apps method on droidmod 1.0, i got back about 90 percent of my apps. I lost a few paid and free ones, no problem right? just re-download, no biggie because i already purchased them. Well al my paid apps have prices next to them, i cannot update any paid apps without having to purchase them again. I checked google checkout and all the receipts are still there. Also all the free apps work on my phone but none say installed in market, they say free so in order to update them i must re-download and guess that they have a new release out. Any ideas, did i get semi disconnected from the cloud by doing the wipe but keep apps method?As it stands i will loose 40 bucks or so in apps if i want to update any of them which is no big deal but its just the thought.

Use Titanium (worth getting the paid version) to back up your apps (both free and paid) and data. It does a great job of maintaining market connections and has a new feature called "Market Doctor" that actually verifies and repairs market related problems. I know it is a little late for the advise but will keep you prepared for the next time. Now when I do a wipe data it is painless putting everything back together again.

Upvote 0
Yeah i downloaded that after the fact and i will do that for future re-flashes and wipes. So do you think it could have had anything to do with me not creating my main account on my phone first? not sure why i did that backwards this time.

That sounds like it is it. I think only first entered account (primary) identifies you at the Google market.

Upvote 0
I would do it now. Get the rom update you are happy with, do a titanium backup (backup data and programs), when you get into recovery wipe your cache and data, flash the rom, use titanium to restore data and programs (I just download titanium from the market after the flash). You should be good to go and the market will be in sync with your downloads.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones