• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mashable article, absolutely ridiculous

I guess I see both sides of this debate...

I think people over react to the potential security issues in our market vs app store, but by the same token, there are thousands and thousands of the "un educated" accessing our market.

In all honesty, I am a network engineer by trade and I admit that the first app or two I downloaded I did not even look at the security screen. :eek:

On the one hand, I say "how dare anyone tell me what I can and cannot buy" but on the other hand, some people belong on a short bus with a hockey helmet on!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I don't think that site's agenda could get any more obvious...

f3847300a5a81edcd3c5ba3435dc76e6.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah the article may be biased but on the other hand...

I use mobile banking, ebay, paypal, and all types of other financial apps and services on my phone. Are we eventually going to need virus protection for our androids?

Yeah yeah yeah people just say, "be careful what you install, only install trusted apps from the app store yadi yadi yada." I'm a power user, I know what I install on my phone and computer. The thing is that just for extra protection I have antivirus and firewalls on my computer.

I just wish at least google was a little more strict with what apps they let into their marketplace. The fact that they had to pull an app that changed their app with an update to violate the terms of service is enough to say that google should be a little more proactive and not reactive. I have a feeling more scammers are going to use this method of bait and switch to grab quick credit card info and such.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones