Mashable article, absolutely ridiculous

Last Updated:

1. sanderscm2

sanderscm2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ZAZusmc03

ZAZusmc03 Active Member

Funny, this article comes out the day of a big Android announcement and the day before the Iphone4 comes out.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

lol, such propaganda. All of the app permissions are listed before you even install the app. If it sounds fishy, don't use it! Simple as that.

4. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

People who want to live in a walled garden can sign up for the police state that is Apple. Those who prefer choice will stick with Android.

5. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

The Apple policy: people are too stupid to take any responsible for their actions. Even if you put a big red warning with each app that says "THIS APP WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION" it's apparently a "threat".

6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I guess I see both sides of this debate...

I think people over react to the potential security issues in our market vs app store, but by the same token, there are thousands and thousands of the "un educated" accessing our market.

In all honesty, I am a network engineer by trade and I admit that the first app or two I downloaded I did not even look at the security screen. :eek:

On the one hand, I say "how dare anyone tell me what I can and cannot buy" but on the other hand, some people belong on a short bus with a hockey helmet on!

NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

I don't think that site's agenda could get any more obvious...

[​IMG]

8. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

9. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

I'll be kind to the person who wrote that article. BS!!! :cool:

10. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

Yeah the article may be biased but on the other hand...

I use mobile banking, ebay, paypal, and all types of other financial apps and services on my phone. Are we eventually going to need virus protection for our androids?

Yeah yeah yeah people just say, "be careful what you install, only install trusted apps from the app store yadi yadi yada." I'm a power user, I know what I install on my phone and computer. The thing is that just for extra protection I have antivirus and firewalls on my computer.

I just wish at least google was a little more strict with what apps they let into their marketplace. The fact that they had to pull an app that changed their app with an update to violate the terms of service is enough to say that google should be a little more proactive and not reactive. I have a feeling more scammers are going to use this method of bait and switch to grab quick credit card info and such.