• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Measy A5A analog audio quality issues

Hi all,

I purchased two Measy A5A TV Boxes running Android 4.0 and I noticed that the analog out audio quality is extremely poor.

I hooked both players to a Hi-Fi amplifier and used various playback sources and software such as Winamp, VLC, etc. I played AAC, AAC+, mp3 audio files as well as mp4, MPEG1 and MPEG2 high quality video encodings. From both USB key and RJ45 Ethernet sources.

In all instances and in both of my Measy A5A players, analog audio playback (RCA) is muffled, distorted and low-fidelity. However, analog video quality is very good.

The purpose I purchased these Measy A5A media boxes is to hook them up to a sound system for in-house background music. If anyone was any ideas on how to fix analog audio issues, I will greatly appreciate. Is there any way to upgrade the audio codecs?

Given that this is a cheapo Chinese device from Shenzhen. I suspect the analogue audio components, that drive the analogue RCA outlets, are very cheap and poor quality.

A solution maybe to use an AV-amp that has a digital HDMI pass-through. The audio data via HDMI should be high quality, as it's not going though the STB's cheapo audio circuitry.

Upvote 0
Hello, I've also purchase this box on honkongeek with android 4.0. And I have another issue : the amount of memory is two time less than the one it was advertised 512Mo system +2Go internal storage instead of 1Go+4Go. Have you the same issue?

I've send back the item to honkongeek with a screen capture of android memory property, but they argue that "the amount of memory displayed by android is not precise"! and so refuse to refund me... two time less it is such an imprecision!!!

to my opinion : bad constructor and bad seller, to stay in politicaly correct speech.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones