media gallery 'fail to open image'

Last Updated:

1. kensta812

kensta812 Member This Topic's Starter

Like the title says, when I try to set a different wallpaper or set a picture for a contact after I click on the desired image it says "failed to open image" Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Kenny.

Advertisement
  2. R-droid

R-droid Well-Known Member

Same shit happens to me ,even thougt the pic. is .jpg format and I was using it before. But since I tried some "live wallpapers" and some "launcher pro" it says this:
    "failed to open an image". I have stopped using those "live wallpapers" and uninstalled "launcher pro",it still says it.

Any ideas?
    What causes this!!!???

3. R-droid

R-droid Well-Known Member

OK! I have tried to solve this problem myself,cause I couldn't find any help on the internet.

-Most likely this is a bug ,which was caused by an app (or something).
    -I have just renamed the pics and then I was able to set them as a wallpaper.

So just try renaming the image,hopefully it will solve the problem.

4. jattidroid

jattidroid New Member

Same thing has happened with me.

I tried something like this and it worked for me and I never saw that error again. Hope it will also work for you.

1. Connect your phone to the PC ( Win XP/ Win 7 / Win Vista)
    2. Open the location of the sd card
    3. Then there will be lots of folders, just open the one named : dcim
    4. You will see some sub folders in there. Try to find out named .thumbnails and .video thumbnails.
    5. When you locate them, just Shift+Delete them. Let the phone create them again when you will access the gallery again.
    6. You are done. Try changing the wallpaper again and it should work like a gem.

Thanks