• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mediaserver battery drain

D

dyrelogan

Having a battery drain on my Maxx. Mediaserver is the culprit after installing 4.4.4 (no surprise there). Can anyone tell me how to stop this from running. I have refreshed my phone. I don't have currents or anything else running media. I don't use Pandora or any other music app. I'm not streaming. I'm not using anything media. This seems to be a bug that no one seems to know how to fix. I was hoping someone here would help me. My Maxx is no longer Maxx but now I have to charge daily with minimal usage throughout the day thanks to this battery drain. As usual, I hate Motorola and Verizon updating to a buggy software. Everything I update to newest version something like this happens to my phone. Don't people rest these releases before sending them out? I'm hearing and reading that 4.4.4 was rushed.

Reactions: frodub
That's the weird thing. I don't use Google music at all. I've even disabled a lot of Google Apps on my phone. I've heard that it has something to do with currents which is now magazine or something but I disabled that a long time ago. I don't have any bloatware enabled. Even disabled everything Verizon. It's indeed a mystery. A mystery that has something to do with 4.4.4

Upvote 0
I think I may have solved the issue. I've noticed that Amazon cloud player continues to be running even though I force stop it all the time. This time I uninstalled the app completely, which all it does is uninstall the updates, and voila! no more mediaserver running! It seems like that could be the cause. Might be something else for others. Don't know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones