• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

meenova Card SD Reader under Kit Kat

Under Jelly Bean I could read and write to the card at ...
/storage/usbdisk_1.1.1

I just tried it under Kit Kat for the first time and cannot locate the card.

Has anyone else had any success?

... Thom

Same here Thom. I saw that Nexus Media Importer in the Play Store enables it for us in KK now. Cost is $3.99 which is OK but I haven't tried it yet. Waiting to see what shakes out when the KK OTA finishes up. I like KK and will get the Nexus app if that is the only solution to get my Meenova and Leefbridge working again. Not critical right now.
Lew:smokingsomb:

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I had to pick up the Nexus Media Importer so I could use my Meenova with my Nexus 7. Once I get the 4.4 OTA I'll post to let you know if it works or not.

As far as a solution from Google or Moto, since the N7 doesn't allow for it out of the box, I'd assume the same can be said for the Maxx post update since it's not working for you guys after the update.

Upvote 0
OK, got KK and tried out the Meenova card reader and it doesn't work stock as many of you already noted. So I downloaded Nexus Media Importer and gave it a go. Seems to work just fine. The only issue I am seeing is that you have to use their interface to read the card data, and for some files not all programs are shown (like an mpeg video file doesn't show mvideo player as an app that can play it, but with an mp4 it does). And as far as music, there is a built in music player, so no go if you want to use an app like Poweramp for playback. I don't know if other card reading apps would work better, or if the Dev for NMI will allow for more flexibility in future updates, but for now this allows for reading and writing to your Meenova card reader.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones