• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MeiYing Saturn tablet?

Chrome Cat

Dec 17, 2011
USA
If I buy a Chinese tablet online will it work in the United States?

I have a few concerns about Chinese tablets - no company tech support and being a "never-heard-of" tablet there will likely be no customer/forum support either, should I run into trouble. But the MeiYing Saturn I tablet looks pretty darn sweet from where I'm standing! It's got all the specs, standard USB & TF card expandability, and then some. Plus 8" screen.

However, there is very little online and nothing on the forums.

Is there anyone at all here who knows anything about this tablet? :eek:

MeiYing Saturn I

If I buy a Chinese tablet online will it work in the United States?

Well it'll work, but will probably work better in China though, namely because of the stuff that tends to be pre-loaded on these things, e.g. QQ and Youku.

I have a few concerns about Chinese tablets - no company tech support and being a "never-heard-of" tablet there will likely be no customer/forum support either, should I run into trouble.

Yup, and no Google Market and Google apps either probably. You might be able to get customer support, although being fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese will help.

But the MeiYing Saturn I tablet looks pretty darn sweet from where I'm standing! It's got all the specs, standard USB & TF card expandability, and then some. Plus 8" screen.

Yup, many of these China tablets appear to be quite well specced these days.

Is there anyone at all here who knows anything about this tablet?

It's more than likely made in Shenzhen....HTH :)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I've been doing business with Pandawill in China and have bought three tablets from them.
Yes, the tablets have two or three apps built in for China, but the tablets aren't filled with bloatware. And Pandawill has been very good with their English customer service, as long as you're patient with them. I had a problem with one tablet and it was replaced without much fanfare. My first tablet from them - almost two years ago - had the European plug. I contacted them and they sent me a US adapter for it free.
I'm still wary when I buy from China, but I've had success with Pandawill so I'll continue with them until something really bad makes me change my mind.

Also, every one of my tablets from them has come with Android market pre-installed. And I've never had a problem downloading anything from the market (that could be used on a 800x480 screen.)

Upvote 0
^^^^^^

I want to be an iPad when I grow up. :)
sku20201.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones