• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Meizu M3s Review | Desire In Hand | 3GB MTK6750

donmarkon

Sep 3, 2016
Good looking well build and i no way underpowered, that would be Meizu M3s in few words. Meizu decided to use new Mediateks MTK 6750 chipset which is underclocked now well know Mediatek Helio P10.

Meizu M3s Specifications:

Display: 5.0 inch 2.5D Arc HD Screen
CPU: MTK6750 64bit Octa Core
System: Android 5.1
RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM. TF card up to 128GB.
Camera: 5.0MP f2.0 front camera + 13.0MP f2.2 back camera
Bluetooth: 4.0
GPS: GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS
Sensors: Gravity sensor, Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Electronic compass
SIM Card: Nano SIM
Battery: 3020mAh
Network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

I really wanted to critique Meizu for this when i got device. But it works soo good (well optimized) that i said it is better to be this good than to have bugs and battery leaks ...

FWIW Marshmallow 6.x has been out for a year now, and so I'm sure any issues like that have been fixed for most devices. My reasons for wanting to use recent Android versions, such as Marshmallow, is the control now one has over app permissions.

This thread...
http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-disable-location-services-for-real.1070827/
But Wechat was developed by a major investor in Xiaomi. Tencent invested $2 billion USD in Xiaomi three years ago. And they are still a major business partner with them. And then you end up with Xiaomi's MIUI giving Wechat and Tencent your location data, whether you want to or not.That's what's happening.

....and a few other items I've read recently, have made me seriously think about the privacy aspects, or apparent lack thereof, of certain Chinese versions of Android, such as Meizu's Flyme OS and Xiaomi's MIUI and Oppo's Color OS, all still currently based on Lollipop 5.x, and I really wonder why?

BTW I'm very familiar with Meizu, I spent a few weeks working at their head-office and factory in Zhuhai a while back. Never wanted to buy one of their devices though. One reason, is their software looks and operates far too much like an iPhone for my tastes. And one of their first products was an iPhone knock-off. If I really wanted iOS, I'd buy an iPhone.

Would be interesting to find out actually if Flyme OS leaks your location information to Wechat and other third-party apps, even if location is turned off/denied, like Xiaomi's MIUI apparently does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones