• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Meizu Pro 6 ROMs

Hi there,

I bought a Meizu Pro 6 from Oppomart, who were advertising it as the international version.
The model I received was the Chinese version with Firmware ending in A
Wanting to change the Firmware to Global version (G) but the upgrade fails. saying the file is corrupted.

Oppomart are allowing me to return the phone, but are not discussing an international version. I'm not sure that I should return it, because it will cost me, and Oppomart reviewers say that their returned phones have gone missing and Oppomart have not been responding.

Originally the Firmware was 5.24.0.1A
This had Google services installed and no Chinese apps, but the phone wanted to perform an update to 5.2.0.1A
After this so called "update" the ROM went totally Chinese on me :(

Here are the issues I'm experiencing with the current ROM, Flyme 5.2.0.1A

1. Even though I selected English during the initial setup, I'm getting a lot of Chinese notifications.
  2. The 'Saving' power mode drains battery much faster than the 'Balanced' mode.
  3. The modem connects to 4G networks, but I get very poor signal, and it refuses to switch back to 3G, so most of the time mobile data doesn't work. (4G worked perfectly on my previous phone Leonovo K3 Note in my area.)
  4. The phone had no Google services installed, and it was really difficult to install it and get it working. Had to install the Google Installer from the Meizu app store, then run that to install Googles services. Once that was installed, it refused to work. I had to clear data, mess with permissions, restart, mess with permissions and clear data some more, reinstall it over and over before it finally worked by some fluke.
  5. Some of the Chinese apps can't be uninstalled, and the permissions can't be accessed, so Chinese notifications and Ads come up for those.
  6. Some widgets stop working after a while. Top Contacts, Spotify, Tune in Radio. Try to use them, and they don't respond.
  7. The Fingerprint reader can't be used to log into apps that require credentials. A feature that is fairly common for phones with fingerprint readers nowadays. Software needs a credentials manager.
  8. This is not really an issue, but would be good to have screen timeout of 15 seconds.
Aside form the drawbacks, the phone is very well built, battery life is fantastic on balanced mode (Almost 8 hours of screen on time), Audio quality is amazing (Wide sound stage, very good instrument separation, clear and full vocals, natural bass and treble).

Any help changing to the Global ROM would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones