• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help memory card in but phone isnt reading it. help?

L0neWolf

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
ok so here is my problem. the micro sd card in my phone isnt being recognised by my phone, there is a little icon that has popped up in the notifications bar, its a picture of a memory card with an exclamation mark on it.
i have tried other micro sd cards but i am still presented with the same problem.

i really dont wanna send my phone off for repairs as i need to keep hold of it. as i use it all the time.

does anyone else have this problem?
or know how to fix it?

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

I had a similar problem about 2 months ago. The phone reset itself one afternoon and when it rebooted it wasn't seeing any of the apps or the launcher I had installed. For a couple of weeks previously I'd been getting forced closes on all sorts when the phone was turned off and then turned back on again which meant I had to reformat the card a couple of times. It turned out that the card I got with the phone was duff so I ended up shelling out for an 8Gb one. Since then the phone has been moderately well behaved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones