• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memory Storage getting Low.. whats up?!

abel2

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
So I've had my phone for about 5 months now and it works pretty good for what I want it to do, but in the past month I've been getting alot of random notifications about my phones memory getting extremely low.

The first time this happened, I deleted alot of useless apps and cleared out my text message folder and reset. Ok, fine, that worked a dandy, but then a few weeks later the damned notification popped up again. Yet I hadn't downloaded any new apps.

Now it's saying I cannot even send a single text message, even though my message folder is completely empty.

My question is, why is this happening. What the hell is this phone storing on itself that I cannot seem to find and erase. Just for note: here is what I usually do with my eris. Make calls, rarely text, browse the web, and tether it at home, alot.

I'm wondering if it's storing internet junk, and if so how do I delete it? Because eventually I'll have to delete all apps and start working on android progs which would be a pain in the ass.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones