• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mental health.

I walk 1 mile every day, think of a haiku while I'm walking, and post it to Instagram Stories with a 10 second video of my feet during the walk.

It was my 2023 resolution and I've done it every day so far. I've really enjoyed it, and although the Insta part is my least favorite, I feel like it's also what has held me accountable.

Forces me to get fresh air, a little exercise, good habits, and jogs my creativity.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there was a mental health thread, .....
An important topic that doesn't get enough attention.
There are lots of people out there who get really wound up when something serious or minor happens to their phone. They let them consume their lives in mentally unhealthy ways. But basically, sh*t happens and we all need to just accept that.

... so what do you do to take a break from this?
Indica.

Upvote 0
I walk 1 mile every day, think of a haiku while I'm walking, and post it to Instagram Stories with a 10 second video of my feet during the walk.

It was my 2023 resolution and I've done it every day so far. I've really enjoyed it, and although the Insta part is my least favorite, I feel like it's also what has held me accountable.

Forces me to get fresh air, a little exercise, good habits, and jogs my creativity.
I as well take a few miles of a walk duration in a day too :)

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there was a mental health thread, so what do you do to take a break from this?
Taking care of my mental health is really important, and it's great to have a community where I can connect with like-minded people. As for breaks, I try to do things that bring me joy and help me unwind. It could be anything from reading a book, going for a walk in nature, or even just hanging out with friends. Taking time for myself really helps me recharge and stay balanced. :giggle:

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
Taking care of my mental health is really important, and it's great to have a community where I can connect with like-minded people. As for breaks, I try to do things that bring me joy and help me unwind. It could be anything from reading a book, going for a walk in nature, or even just hanging out with friends. Taking time for myself really helps me recharge and stay balanced. :giggle:
Welcome home then, this is what we do on the af John!

Upvote 0
Beyond prayer, promoting my books and staying busy (I do them all), I volunteer. Our record-breaking, award-winning VFW Post does so much for veterans, their families and the community that I jumped in and got involved. I'm Senior Vice Commander (second in command) of our Post and our All-American District over ten Posts; I'm also part of Operation Joy, our USO-style music and comedy group that performs at four area nursing homes each month. I help with fundraisers and write all the press releases for our local VFW, American Legion and DAV. I also dabble in music and songwriting. One habit I started as a teenager was to learn something new about something, every day, no matter what the subject. That has served me well over the decades: and I can now hold my own in virtually any conversation with anyone. I can blend in at a governor's banquet or a dive bar with dirt floors: being able to relate with others, at their level, and help people as I can, where they are, puts my own problems in perspective and is very rewarding.

Upvote 0
Beyond prayer, promoting my books and staying busy (I do them all), I volunteer. Our record-breaking, award-winning VFW Post does so much for veterans, their families and the community that I jumped in and got involved. I'm Senior Vice Commander (second in command) of our Post and our All-American District over ten Posts; I'm also part of Operation Joy, our USO-style music and comedy group that performs at four area nursing homes each month. I help with fundraisers and write all the press releases for our local VFW, American Legion and DAV. I also dabble in music and songwriting. One habit I started as a teenager was to learn something new about something, every day, no matter what the subject. That has served me well over the decades: and I can now hold my own in virtually any conversation with anyone. I can blend in at a governor's banquet or a dive bar with dirt floors: being able to relate with others, at their level, and help people as I can, where they are, puts my own problems in perspective and is very rewarding.
All that and a few bags of chips man :)

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones