• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Menu System Similar To ApiDemos

sum182

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
Hi everyone, I'm a complete beginner at developing for the Android system and would like to say hello to you all!

I was wondering how to go about creating a menu system similar to that of the APIDemos? As in, the main page has "App", "Content", "Graphics", etc., and when you click any of these it takes you to another menu page. For example if you click "Content" it takes you to a screen with "Assets", "Resources" and "Storage" which are all again clickable menu items. How do I create the same thing?

I have used the below tutorial;
Hello, ListView | Android Developers

And I know that I need to use this type of View in order to display the Text but I don't know how to get the screen to change to a new list view (sub-listing) once one of the buttons is clicked. For example if you clicked in the listview tutorial on the first link, "Afghanistan" I want the screen to change to a new ListView of something like "Afghanistan's food", "Afghanistan's Culture", etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: Got it working in the end. I didn't know I had to have two separate class files in the project folder. Good stuff.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones