• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] Speedfreak has a new home... Details here!

Have not been able to figure out the auto restarts, some users have reported that this rom fixed it for them, some users report that it started with this rom, it could be the OC kernel I suppose, but even with my device cranked up to 787, with as many apps as I can fit in memory, and downloading a big file over 3g, I still cant get my phone to crash. The only thing strange about my copy is that a dalvik wipe causes a bootloop.

but then again I am constantly tweaking it.

I haven't given up, I am just an inexperienced one man dev team.

That recovery update is a file I built for a guy Im trying to help out. Somehow lost recovery on his device, and is now stuck with sf1.3 because he cannot get to cwm to flash an update. Its not going well frankly. Im about stumped.

Upvote 0
I'm not using Anthony's ROM. I'm using his kernel. I didn't do anything to did anything. It is that every time I restore it that it is different. I have a thirty of what it's happening tho. However I'm not going to state it until I can test it. As far as kernel day does it not get replaced with the Nandroid?

Upvote 0
My phone works great with my modified stock ROM & Athony's kernel. I really want to try this SF ROM out tho.

I'm pretty sure I know the problem tho. What I believe is the problem I also believe is causing other problems as well. I don't think it has anything to do with your ROM. At least it isn't only the ROM.

Upvote 0
SpeedFreak is out of Beta on aa51.com so the download links wont work anymore, to get a copy of the rom or theme patches you must go here...

[ROM] SpeedFreak for ZTE - Android Area51

on a side note, I have completed a green theme patch, (green is THE color over at aa51.com) and will soon be posting a standalone mod for the blue themed stock apps that made thier debut in 2.0, Ive also done a little tinkering with AreaRom Merit, ya know, like ya do...

So make sure ya head over to the above link and get setup.

-james

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones