• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
so i am not sure why this is doing it but i have a weird thing happenening where occasionally ill check/ write a text message and then close the phone. then next time i go back in to messaging/handcent( it happens on both) ALL including locked messages are wiped out. my settings are set to never delete but its rather irritating. i do have sms backup+ so that is atleast a saving grace. but i am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I've heard numerous stories of this happening to people, and it seemed they always blamed it on Handcent. I don't use Handcent, or any other 3rd party messenging app, and had it happen to me a couple weeks ago.

After talking with a couple friends, they said the same thing happened to them. One uses Handcent, one uses stock messenging app. Both said it happened after sending/recieving texts from multiple people. Thats when it happened to me, I had a few conversations going, and when I went back to check my messages they were all gone.

Was this the case for you?

Upvote 0
Until you can figure out what the issue is, I would recommend SMS Backup and Restore. You can set it up to automatically backup your messages.

Otherwise, I know I was having issues right away when I had antivirus free installed on my phone. Since I have uninstalled it, I haven't had an issues.

I am also running Handcent...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones