Message and Peep Apps

1. xd40

xd40 Member

I have the Sprint HTC Hero and no matter what I do the Peep app opens and runs by itself! Even after killing the process!

On another note, I took someone's advice on this form and installed Handcent SMS but I can't get the preinstalled Message app to stop running when someone sends a text message! I've gone thru the process of clearing the cache and setting Handcent as the default for messaging but something is still wrong ....

Advertisement
    :
  2. When you say the preinstalled message app is running, do you mean in the background, or shows the little notification in the top task bar area?

The first one I have no idea I'm afraid, but the second one had me chewing the phone in frustration until I re-checked the settings for the message app and switched off the notification there (menu > settings > notifications (uncheck box))
  3. xd40

xd40 Member

Yes, I meant popping up in the notification area at the top and running the in the background! I just unchecked the notification setting you mentioned and I'll see if that works for both!

Thanks for the response dude!!!
  4. No worries - each Handcent sms and the inbuilt messaging service both have their own independent settings for this message notification specifically, it isn't shared like some of the other options can be. :D