• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging not working after JB update

I updated phone to Jellybean yesterday, and had issues with email and messaging crashing constantly afterwards.

Cleared cache/data on both, and have managed to get email accounts back up and running.

Messaging seems to have corrupted in some way though, as despite clearing data and cache, all messages still show (and unfortunately, there's a lot of them...) but I can't view them, or delete them en masse or singly, nor can I send or receive any messages.

I've tried installing Go Pro SMS instead of the stock messager, but I get the same problem, and Clear All SMS & MMS App simply crashes everytime I try to use it to delete them all.

Is it possible to delete the files while attached to my PC (phone is not rooted), or am I going to have to do a factory reset?

Help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones