• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root messed up my s4 while trying to root! :( please help

haziebabie

Lurker
Feb 28, 2015
hi guys,
i have a S4 19505, my phone has worked fine for the last 2yrs, no problems, no errors.. nothing!
Too good to be true ey?
Until i cracked and broke the screen during the summer, i had it fixed at a local shop. since its been fixed ive had nothing but problems! I did a basic factory reset and worked around the random turn offs and slow apps. Then i had the dim/frozen wifi and bluetooth. I googled and youtubed and followed a few techniques, non of which worked! So i decided to root my phone. I downloaded odin, and a rom for my model. i followed all the steps (i was following 3 diff sites) and it showed PASS. The phone rebooted and stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy GT-19505' page.
.....and has since not come off. i have followed steps on other sites to try and work out how to fix this, i can go into clockwork recovery. i have tried to redo it with odin. am i right in assuming my phones bricked? i then guessestimated it was.. so did some unbricking techniques with a diff version of odin with other files. still the same response.
Iv kinda read/watched so much now im totally confused on what to do and i have think phone in front of me torturing me!
sorry i kinda babbled, wanted to add everything in!
if anyone can shed some advice id really appreciate it!
thanks haze

So you have Cwm (clockwork mod recovery) installed?
Do you have a card read/writer for your pc? If so just download a rom for your phone and put it onto the sd card, boot into Cwm and install zip, install from sdcard1, find the zip file and select it, wipe data/factory reset, clear cache and dalvik and reboot. Hopefully the phone will boot.
For a good stable beginners rom I recommend Cyanogenmod (11 or 12) (download the correct version for your phone)
EDIT Oops I forgot about gapps (the Google apps package) you're gonna want a gapps zip too that matches the android version of the rom you flash (4.4.4 for Cyanogenmod 11, 5.0.2 for Cyanogenmod 12)
Flash them in the same way as the rom after you flash the rom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones