• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Messenger SMS causes problems with VVM

karlyy7x

Oct 25, 2011
NYC
As much as I actually like having the chat heads for sms, I wasn't able to see any voicemails in the VVM app (running Negalite BluRom )
So, I want to get the fix out if you're using Facebook messenger integrated with SMS, it will break VVM notifications and will constantly bother you with 9016 texts even if you don't get a voicemail.

To fix, turn off the sms integration in Messenger, then update the profile on your phone in System Updates in Settings
Next to reactivate the voicemail app, go to Apps and All Apps, find Voicemail and Clear Data. Start the VVM app again and compose a vvm message for 15 seconds and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com
Test by sending a voicemail after about five to ten minutes and it should now work!

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP SMS ON MESSENGER:
You'll have to uncheck "Use as main texting App" in Facebook Messenger Settings. You won't get the chat heads though, not even a notification

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones