• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Metro PCS GS4 ROOT (SGH-M919N)

If you've already installed TWRP recovery, all you need to do is flash this
http://download.chainfire.eu/339/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip?retrieve_file=1
from within TWRP.

Download it to your SD card, reboot to TWRP, click install, find the SuperSU-v1.41.zip and flash it. Then you'll be rooted.

I did this exact thing and it won't root. I used the CF Auto root and that worked. I used the root to install TWRP from goo manager. I boot into TWRP with no problems, locate the SU zip on my sd card, it says it installs successfully. I reboot, and......nothin. Root checker says no. Anybody?

Upvote 0
I did this exact thing and it won't root. I used the CF Auto root and that worked. I used the root to install TWRP from goo manager. I boot into TWRP with no problems, locate the SU zip on my sd card, it says it installs successfully. I reboot, and......nothin. Root checker says no. Anybody?

Mine did the same thing.... I let the phone site for a little while then noticed it was doing a update of SuperSU after the update the SuperSU showed up in apps then it showed my phone was rooted in Root Checker. Strange, but works fine now.

Upvote 0

The su root method you used is old and was for 4.2. If you're on 4.3 you need to use the newest root or just do the cr auto root again. You didnt need to root again after installing TWRP.

Upvote 0
The su root method you used is old and was for 4.2. If you're on 4.3 you need to use the newest root or just do the cr auto root again. You didnt need to root again after installing TWRP.

I have the 4.3 update as well. Do you have a link to the newest root? Also, I just want root. I'm not wanting anything else at this point. Does the newest root do this?:thinking:
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have the 4.3 update as well. Do you have a link to the newest root? Also, I just want root. I'm not wanting anything else at this point. Does the newest root do this?:thinking:
Thanks.

The new root version I was talking about requires you to install TWRP recovery as well. You can now find the link to the updated SuperSU-v1.86.zip at the http://androidforums.com/metropcs-g.../755095-recovery-official-twrp-2-6-3-0-a.html thread.

What you want is the cf auto root method. Check the http://androidforums.com/metropcs-g...cial-metropcs-s4-root-information-thread.html under Rooting Guides. The CF Auto Root Odin method wont install anything other than root files.

Reactions: Vasolini
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones