• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS has really gone downhill

kb0sdq

Nov 12, 2011
Oldsmar,Fl
:mad:
Howdy folks,
Here is a story about my MetroPCS experience...

so the worse gets worse. Last saturday I went to our local Metropcs store called clear com of tampa on tampa road and forest lakes blvd. bought two new S4's about $1300 bucks. well got home and wife did not like it said it was to small. so I figure ill return it tomorrow (sunday) well the store was not open so on monday I called the store and told Cody my wife did not like the phone and I needed to return it. first thing he said was there are no returns and he could not take it back stating it was metroPCS' policy. So in the mean time my wife said she wanted the T-mobile galaxy note 2 so I went to wal mart and got one I also needed a sim card for metro. Well when I talked to Cody again on the phone he said he had sim cards and they were $21 dollars and change, I was like what? they are ten dollars on metro's web site. So anyhow I got the card from another store on monday, (why should I do any more business with Cody when he would not take the new S4 back oh and the sim card was 10 something) So contacted MetroPCS website and opened live chat. Was told by Yaya that we could take the phone to a corp. store and they would take the phone back. So we had to wait till Saturday (today) cause we only have one car. well my wife went to the corp. store and they called Cody at the Oldsmar store and advised him that he had to take the phone back, so corp. store sent wife back to local store when she gets there Cody says no can not take phone back cause it has been eight days. Corp. store said this (saturday) was the last day to return it, they looked at the receipt. SO again I get on metro chat again and was told that metro pcs does not run the stores and could not make them take phone back. (csa Arthur). So now after spending 2k with metro pcs they say screw off is how we feel. And we have a $640 S4 that we don't need. so this afternoon my wife puts this story on facebook and she get a response Gretchen please pm us you phone number so we can fix this. though ah cool, no one ever called. Metro PCS needs to make this right. Anyone in Northern Pinellas Co. Do not go to Clear comm of tampa corner of tampa rd & forest lakes blvd. Cody will rip you off...
we have been customers for a long time do not know how much longer though.

:mad:
So anyhow I got the card from another store on monday

Wow, sorry you dealt with a dealer who doesn't know/follow the rules. I'm curious about which store you went to for the SIM; tried to PM you but was unable. I am in your locality, so PM me and I may be able to prompt some local Corporate intervention.

For the benefit of others in similar situations:
attachment.php

CDMA to HSPA Phone Upgrade Return Policy:
-Available to existing MetroPCS customers upgrading from a CDMA to HSPA phone for the first time.
-Returns must be for reasons outside of warranty issues.
-The phone must be returned within 7 days of upgrade purchase for a full phone refund.
-The phone must be returned in "like new condition" and contain all original packaging and accessories.
-The phone must be returned to the original place of purchase with accompanying phone receipt.
-Online customers must return the phone to the Online Returns Center per the intstructions included in the shipment packaging.

Reactions: kb0sdq
Upvote 0
the rule bottom left of dark blue page (top left page) was what was the start to this thing. Corp. said being we were coming from cdma S3's that they were NOT a upgrade And this is a rule that applies to the upgrade clause as you stated So that is why Corp. told him he had to take it back. even though he pulled the 8 day thing.
Also PM issue fixed I had it set to only allow from contacts and mods.

Upvote 0
--Update-- Got a hold of a metro person thru facebook called LM. He called took some info and said he would try to get this fixed.Would be nice but not gonna hold my breath.
Also I want to make sure you folks know that I think this is an isolated incident and the store that caused all this crap is the guilty one. there are lots of other metropcs stores and I am sure they are good and do good business. It just bugs me that when a store does something wrong that the live support will not fight for the customer. Now that I have brought this here and to facebook they are starting to do something. very sad

Upvote 0
how did you buy the story about not able to return the phone? I mean first thing you do when you want to return the phone you look up a return policy. How is .5 inch of a difference make it too small? You should have just taken your wife with you so she could have chosen phone herself. After all you are making more than $500 purchase.

Sorry to hear all that, but there are scumbags out there, but I'm also sorry to tell you, you did nothing to prevent your situation from happening or fought for your own rights.

You should have just gone to the store and demanded your money back. Try complaining to FCC and BBB. I think you can also take them to small claims court. One way or another it's going to get resolved.

Upvote 0
Well it not a problem of hating them. It is a issue that needs to be brought out into publicI feel the individual stores are not policed by Metro PCS
these stores are selling their (metropcs) product and metro does not seem to care how they sell it just as long as it is sold. I also heard the reason that dealers will not take back phones is because they eat it if they do and Metro does not reimburse the dealer back.
Ok so as far as hating them, no I don't I dislike this one stores practices but metropcs as a whole has done a great thing they made the cell phone available to folks with lets say challenged credit. They provide the same and sometimes better service then some of the top wireless providers. And the best part I am not locked into a contract with the threat of some outrages fee if they (provider) piss me off and I close my account.
So no I do not hate them at all. Like I said in my op I went to another store and got the sim card for the right price, got the phone (note 2) activated. I did have to unlock the note prior to activation This guy and the owner in this store that gave all the heartache are new owners they bought a few stores in the area. Anyhow. Will wait to hear something from their special ops team who is investigating it now.

Upvote 0
Grrrrrr Well when my wife git home, I grabbed the phone and went to the metropcs store as instructed by the rep. Well cody was there and he said " I am not taking that phone back" so I played him the message the message from the ops rep and he laughed and said "I dont care who they are there is no way i am taking it back" SO at this point i told em that in the streets if he pulled this crap I would slice his neck a bleed him out and watch the life leave his eyes... Anyhow we sent a email to the local media to see if they want to get involved.
Well the rep ket just called and said there was a mis communication between owner and cody, so today there will be a girl there that will refund the money, do i dare hold my breath?
I am thinking when my bill comes due I will switch over to t-mobile

Upvote 0
Well we went back last night wife was able to get home beofre 7 from south county where she works she gets off at 6 soo. any how they was a woman there name Janan they took the phone back but would not take the accessories that cody said was part of the S4 package. So they are to refund 609.89 instead of the 654 I paid now question i sent a note to Ket the ops reps but I wll ask here to. This morning I look at the receipt she gave us and the mode says offline where as the purchase receipt says online does that matter? I am so hoping this is finished. My wife announced that she wants to change providers after this fiasco so I guess we are going to buy a couple note 3's and join t-mobile they have the $80 family plan same as metro.
I included a link to a copy of the receipt

https://plus.google.com/photos/105146654560157926226/albums/5928291093762607777?authkey=CO7lytuF_Ztc

--UPDATE--
Checked the cc account says refund pending. when it clears all is good

Upvote 0
Well folks the money has been cleared. the store in question has refunded most of the money for the S4.Iwant to thank all the folks who offered the info and help we needed to get this done. Also to the MetroPCS special OPS tem Ket and others that we may not know about,Thank you very much.Personally, if you live in this area do not go to this store where all this happened. So now I guess this story ends.
Have certainly learned a lesson.
Ciao

Upvote 0
Well folks the money has been cleared. the store in question has refunded most of the money for the S4.Iwant to thank all the folks who offered the info and help we needed to get this done. Also to the MetroPCS special OPS tem Ket and others that we may not know about,Thank you very much.Personally, if you live in this area do not go to this store where all this happened. So now I guess this story ends.
Have certainly learned a lesson.
Ciao

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. That was a good chunk of change to have at a loss.

Reactions: kb0sdq
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones