• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

i want it changed because some apps only recognize the sd card as external_SD
You still have the external sd dir. In your root as a mtp its only in your storage dir. That is named as sdcard1. just so you knw if the apps are not built with external sd sawp their would not do so. And all that is thnx to google.devs

Upvote 0
If your T-Mobile phone is an optimus f6 then yes you can.

TY.

Edit: I was using Xperion ROM (4.1.2) with SD hack. Backup data from SD to computer. Then, I repartitioned my SD using Minitool Partition Wizard for more space on the FAT32 partition. (deleted old partitions, reformat using SD formatter, then remade partitions):

Partition 1 = FAT 32 Primary (~8/32 GB/GB)
Partition 2 = ext4 Primary (~24/32 GB/GB)

Easy steps for upgrade success (camera works for me):

1) Backup data on SD to computer* & transfer ROM install zips to SD
2) do a full wipe of phone using TWRP & reboot to TWRP (agree to TWRP install SuperSU)
3) insert SD into phone, mount, install ROM & gapp zips, reboot into system
4) let ROM load and setup (install & update important user apps)
5) reboot into TWRP
6) wipe cache, dalvik, install latest kernel with gsm fix
7) reboot into system, finish loading, then reboot into TWRP
8) install SD hack (init.d version)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I have an issue. It's with the signal. My signal is poor as all hell and it was not like that when I had my stock ROM. I am on the F6 from Metropcs if you all were wondering and I have 1-2 bars Here at home and 5 bars with LTE when I am out and about. Is there any way that I can boost my signal because I am losing a crap ton of battery because my phone is trying to find a signal. There is a picture of my signal and screen. Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-02-08-31-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-08-31-43.png
    299.5 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
I am switching ROM Carbon is cool and All but I am having some issues. If someone can help me with these the issues that I have listed then please. That would be awesome because honestly, I want stability. Here are my issues.

1.Back Camera doesn't work.
2.Signal reception is terrible so I lose battery quickly.
3.Call Volume or Fixing the echo's or being far away sounding.
4. When a text message comes up it doesn't show that you have 1 or two messages on the little icon like how stock ROM was.
5. I hear the light can be fixed but how? Please if anybody can do me a favor and tell me how to fix these things you'd be a saviour to all. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Go to the system/etc/snd_soc_msm of the Carbon rom. Delete and replace the snd_soc_msm_Sitar with the one from hroark13's KK port. Here it is.
FWIW the above makes my phone hang on Carbon boot splash logo and never come up, had to reboot to bootloader and wipe and re-install from backup. Could be my error?

Edit - yes, my error. See Krlypumaa's post below.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My battery life has been sucking recently and I decided to check what was the cause and for some reason its phone and google play services. Anything I can do to stop this?

For anyone else experiencing rapid battery drain due to Google Play Services, I found a fix by following this guide. I had to follow method 2. I manually created the folder "init.d" and placed the script in it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/script-google-play-services-battery-t3059585

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones