• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro USB will not work on new phone

dachjewels

Lurker
Oct 5, 2012
This week I finally purchased an android phone, Alcatel Venture, a low cost entry phone. I am extremely frugal. My last phone was a tracfone with a micro usb charger. I have plugged this new phone into both of the chargers (auto and home) and they are not charging, Radio Shack guy told me that all usb chargers are alike. Why do the older phones chargers not work with the new phone. Old phone was an LG.

This week I finally purchased an android phone, Alcatel Venture, a low cost entry phone. I am extremely frugal. My last phone was a tracfone with a micro usb charger. I have plugged this new phone into both of the chargers (auto and home) and they are not charging, Radio Shack guy told me that all usb chargers are alike. Why do the older phones chargers not work with the new phone. Old phone was an LG.

though it is all micro usb,if it is different Voltage, the charging current, it can't be in common use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones