• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microphone fail after security update

I have confirmed I do not have a hardware failure. My microphone works perfectly if I use the video recording camera. But after the Verizon security update 23.21.44 the microphone has never worked again, either within taking a live phone call or voice to text , or search voice to text. It has to be software conflict. This has forced me to activate a new phone earlier than I had wished. I've purchased my phones outright and not though Big Red. I need to get this settled because I'd like to sell the Turbo and stay with my new Nexus 6 for now.
Looking for answers.
Have completed the factory reset wipe N/G
Tryied safe mode too N/GG
Has anyone heard of this. I would think its a large group. Any info greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1445903977701-1145371595.jpg
    1445903977701-1145371595.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 156
So, you've done a factory reset and you haven't reinstalled *any* third party software at all, and it doesn't work?

Are you sure it isn't one of the microphones? The phone has one for phone calls and one for capturing video, plus I believe a third for noise cancellation.
I did not know that there may be three microphone's. I have not loaded or reloaded any apps old or new. It's stripped down to basics now. That was part of the safe mode test. Thanks for trying.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Thom,
Yes, I purchace my droid Turbo off of EBay. It's been a great phone and the microphone's were working until just recently when I installed the security update. I would like to resell it now that I'm up and running with my Nexus 6. It's just weird that the camera records my voice just fine but the phone and voice to text are N/G. Last night I tried the Verizon software repair tool. I still have the same issue. The only thing I noticed is that as I stepped through the set up process Google services failed to connect I think it was. I can't sell this thing in good faith with the mic issue as caller can't hear my voice. Thanks ,

Upvote 0
No insights , If its true that the Droid Turbo uses separate microphone's for inputs to the phone or to the browser for voice to text, then I have to believe it's possible I have a bad mic. Can this be tested by Motorola ? , is where I'm headed. Thanks, Not sure we're to go with this issue? I really wanted to resell this thing on EBay.

Upvote 0
Just though I'd try to update my original post about microphone lost after a verizon software update.
Since no one could hear
emoji_u1f649.png
me, but I could here them, I had to get a new phone!
emoji_u1f621.png

I switched to a Nexus 6.
emoji_u1f44d.png
Did not trust the droid build anymore due to this failure.
Anyway, I've kept the phone because I could not resell it due to it's failure.
emoji_u1f44e.png

Long story short... After regularly checking for updates every month or two ...It's been almost 1 year !
A NEW LATEST UPDATE HAS COMPLETELY FIXED THE MICROPHONE FAILURE ISSUE !
emoji_u1f916.png

Unbelievable, I knew I was right about my software update microphone failure issue in the first place.
Screenshot_2016-08-19-12-26-47.png

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones