• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microsoft Office suite will be available in Ipad and Google Android?

PinkPatty

May 24, 2012
"Rumors and reports are circulating that sometime in November the Microsoft Office application suite software will be available on the Apple iOS-powered iPad and the multiple tablet brands running Google Android. If it happens, it could be both good news and bad news for Microsoft."

Is this will be bad news for Microsoft?

"Rumors and reports are circulating that sometime in November the Microsoft Office application suite software will be available on the Apple iOS-powered iPad and the multiple tablet brands running Google Android. If it happens, it could be both good news and bad news for Microsoft."

Is this will be bad news for Microsoft?

I could see it being a great opportunity for them to make money. Charge 10 bucks for it times however many people need it ...big money

Reactions: PinkPatty
Upvote 0
Microsoft will be making money off of it anyways. Apple would also have to pay licensing fees to Microsoft for using it if it comes preinstalled. However it is an interesting move considering Win8 is coming and newer Windows tablets will be hitting the market.

I wonder if Win8 will be cursed like its previous release cycles. If it follows previous trends, this version is the one that will be utter garbage. But I digress.

All I have to say is that they better do a good job of it and not screw it up like they did on Windows Mobile. Their Mobile version of Office was terrible. Office suites from competitors had more functions available than what was packed by MS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones