• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

migrating from nexus ONE to HTC Desire

silversurfer

Lurker
Sep 24, 2009
hi all, like to seek from this forum.

i used to have nexus one, with Froyo 2.2. Unfortunately i dropped the phone one too many times and the LCD is cracked, hence i gotten myself a new HTC desire :eek:

My questions:
1) how to i re install all my apps(previously installed on N1) to Desire. Besides trying to remember each app and manually installing them one by one

2) can i just use my old SD card (with music and Froyo, etc) from N1 and use it on desire? Or should i mirgate all data out, format using Desire and re use as a brand new card?

thanks

hi, you made a good choice, sorry to hear about the nexus though.

1. if you can still use the nexus, install astro file manager, or my backup pro and backup your apps as apk files to the sd card. then on the desire, install astro or my backup and reinstall the apps from the apk files.

2. you should just be able to put the sd card in the new phone, it will work fine, but it may have some stuff on it that isnt needed and takes up space. you could wipe the card on the pc/mac before using it and just copy your music etc back on.

goodluck

Upvote 0
hi, you made a good choice, sorry to hear about the nexus though.

1. if you can still use the nexus, install astro file manager, or my backup pro and backup your apps as apk files to the sd card. then on the desire, install astro or my backup and reinstall the apps from the apk files.

2. you should just be able to put the sd card in the new phone, it will work fine, but it may have some stuff on it that isnt needed and takes up space. you could wipe the card on the pc/mac before using it and just copy your music etc back on.

goodluck

1)well, my screen is busted. The whole phone still work(making calls etc, but i can't see what is going on. So i can't see to make it do a backup to SD card via ASTRO.

Is there a way i can access and execute what you recommend via PC. I seriously doubt so......

2) i was thinking of doing that as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones