Milestone OverheatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. bskumar

bskumar New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am having milestone with android 2.1. purchased it from a retailer with motorola official warranty. Recently the phone gets over heated if i use it to view videos or play music or browse for more than 15 minutes. I can feel the rise of temperature. Is this common problem with milestone?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Normal. The GSM chip heats up when ou use a lot of data. My friends Touch HD has the same thing happening.

3. ecnerwal

ecnerwal New Member

Hi...i also do experience overheating of my Motorola Milestone even on idle mode...if it's in use, i do accept that it normally heats up...but on idle mode, i don't think so...does any one had similar experience as mine? I can feel the heat at times when its on my pocket....

Any suggestions? Im thinking of sending to the service centre but would appreciate any inputs from anybody... :)

4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Only thing that I could think of would be the fact your phone is using a lot of back ground data, updates etc. It should not be hot on ilde thats for sure. How long does your battery last? That could be a key indication if the phone is working hard with out your knowledge.

5. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Ambient Temperature has alot to do with the temperature of the device. The device gets really hot idle when it is a hot summer day. I overclock to 1 ghz 56 vsel and my device doesn't get any noticeably hotter. Its just the way gsm tech works they get hot.