• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minix NeoX6 TV Box With Amlogic S805 CPU Coming Soon

Minix may have just unveiled its first TV box with an Intel processor, but the company isn’t done with ARM-based processors.

The new Minix Neo X6 runs Google Android 4.4 KitKat and comes with the XBMC media center app pre-loaded, and it’s powered by an Amlogic S805 quad-core processor. ringtone for Android phone
The Neo X6 should be available later this month for about $120.

Amlogic’s S805 chip is a low-power ARM Cortex-A5 processor with ARM Mali-450 graphics. While it’s not the speediest processor around, it should be able to handle 1080p HD video playback and supports hardware-accelerated H.264 and H.265 decoding and H.264 encoding. android ringtones

Other features of the box include 1GB of RAM, 8GB of eMMC storage, a microSD card slot, HDMI output, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and 10/100 Ethernet. It has 2 USB 2.0 ports, a micro USB OTG port, and an IR sensor for a remote control.

I’m growing curious to know whether boxes like the Minix Neo X6 which ship with a slightly modified version of the smartphone/tablet version of Google Android will eventually be able to support Google’s upcoming Android TV software. I suspect Google will want to certify its Android TV hardware partners which could give companies like Minix some extra hoops to jump through if they want to use a version of Android that’s actually optimized for television screens.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max ringtone
As it is, I tend to find navigating touch-friendly apps like Netflix and YouTube on non-touch devices to be a bit tricky, even with a decent remote control with air mouse functionality.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones