Minor nit to pick - auto-rotationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my auto-rotation setting (settings/device/display/auto-rotation) somehow gets unchecked from time to time. I'm not sure what causes the checkbox to lose the check I put there.

I only notice it when my images won't rotate and I have to go back into settings and recheck the box.

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

No, but I thought I would plug the paid program Rotation Control. It used to be a lot more necessary with Gingerbread, but it's still useful for fine tuning which apps do what.
  3. speedlever

Yeah, I missed that paid part. I checked it out and found the free app was a 7 day trial. No big deal, either way. For now I'll just go back and recheck the box when image rotation quits.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I wonder if the fact you tried Rotation Control is what's causing your problem? Have you uninstalled that program?

I'm sorry I can't help you further, but I bought Rotation Control for my old phone and used it from day one on the S4.
  5. speedlever

No. I never installed the app. I read about it on the Play store. I have no idea what might be resetting that checkbox.