• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed BB functionality - can the Eris do it w/3rd party software?

sgoldwa

Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I am yet another BB Pearl to Eris person.

While I do love love love my phone and have even gotten the battery to perform like a champ, I find myself missing some of the little things my BB did so well. One example (and I am hoping some 3rd party software in the Android market could add this feature): whenever I was in an email on my BB, any phone numbers would be hot-linkable; that is, using the trackball or just clicking on the number would trigger the phone to ask you if you wanted to dial that number.

Any way to do this on the Eris?

One feature I miss (or can't find) is the ability to select multiple emails and delete. This was a nice feature on the pearl. Say you get 5 junk messesanges in a row. It would be nice to just highlight them all and delete.

Do you use gmail or pop3? I use pop3 to push my comcast email to my phone, when I am on the inbox I can select delete from the menu and it allows me to select which emails I would like to delete. Can delete as many as I was at a time.

Upvote 0
One feature I miss (or can't find) is the ability to select multiple emails and delete. This was a nice feature on the pearl. Say you get 5 junk messesanges in a row. It would be nice to just highlight them all and delete.

Why cant you do that? I actually find the stock email management system to be MUCH easier to delete than my BlackBerry. Just click the check mark next to each one you want to delete (you can do as many as you want) and click delete. With the BlackBerry, you HAVE to delete all prior....

Upvote 0
Do you use gmail or pop3? I use pop3 to push my comcast email to my phone, when I am on the inbox I can select delete from the menu and it allows me to select which emails I would like to delete. Can delete as many as I was at a time.

Cheez and Rice you'd think they'd tell you this in the manual...

Thanks!!!!!

Wish I could do this for "Mark read" as that's what I use it more for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones