• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed calls or text not being recieved!!

harleydad82

Jul 19, 2010
I work alot in an area that has very spotty reception, or none at all. My problem is that my wife mainly, or ppl will call or text me and i will not recieve ANY notification of a missed call or text. Usually with my old phone "samsung eternity" i would recieve a missed call or text later once my phone got reception again. Any one else having this problem and also any fixes? My only idea is my task killer might be messing up with it. But i've ignored anything that has to do with text or calls.

P.S. from iphone 3g to my cappy, i'm in loving it!! love everything!!! well excpet this issue.

I work alot in an area that has very spotty reception, or none at all. My problem is that my wife mainly, or ppl will call or text me and i will not recieve ANY notification of a missed call or text. Usually with my old phone "samsung eternity" i would recieve a missed call or text later once my phone got reception again. Any one else having this problem and also any fixes? My only idea is my task killer might be messing up with it. But i've ignored anything that has to do with text or calls.

P.S. from iphone 3g to my cappy, i'm in loving it!! love everything!!! well excpet this issue.

Not that I definitely think this is the cause of it, but by any chance are you using Launcher Pro? I was using it for 2 days and in those 2 days I had gotten 2 calls that I know of that never rang through for me and never gave me a notification. The only reason I know of those 2 was because they left me voicemails and I got the Google Voice notification. I uninstalled Launcher Pro and I don't think I'm having this problem anymore. Either that or no one that has called me in the last 2 days has left me a voicemail. :p

EDIT: for sake of accuracy, I will clarify that I was using the free version of Launcher Pro. Not that I think that really matters.

Upvote 0
I was just using my touchwiz, then i downloaded lockbot, which was laggy and causing problems. Then i downloaded launcherpro free, so it's hard to tell, but i will try goin back to just touchwiz and seeing if the problems persist. I am pretty sure i had the problem when i was using lockbot. thanks Anyone else with ideas or the same problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones