• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed calls - Phone unreachable or busy in another call? Find who called!

Suxsem

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
EIpWVEg.png

Hi guys! After a loooong time of inactivity I'm back with a new app.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APP IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN USA AND ITALY ONLY!
MORE COUNTRIES ARE COMING IN THE NEXT WEEKS, ASK FOR A COUNTRY TO GET IT FASTER!

• SMALL SIZE AND NO BATTERY CONSUMPTION!
  • NO SPAM, NO ADS!
  • EASY TO USE!

Missed calls provides you the "I called you" / "Who called" service without paying your telephone provider. Download it now, it's free for the entire 2018!

Key features:
  • Receive a notification for each call missed when your phone is busy or unreachable
  • Find missed calls directly inside the call history of your phone
  • Block unwanted numbers (call center, etc.) by customizing your blacklist
  • New! - Activate the service on multiple phone numbers at the same time

Are you a geek and want to know more about how the app works? Keep reading!

Why I can't receive notifications?
Make sure you have a strong network coverage and you are connected to the Internet during the initial setup. Since telephone operators do not allow activating call forwarding with zero balance, always be sure you have remaining credit balance on your SIM, even though it will never be used by our service. If you are experiencing issues with the app, please run the setup again or contact us, we will be more then happy to assist you!

How does the app work?
During the first launch of the app, the user is assisted in the activation of call forwarding to our automatic answering machine, which immediately rejects the call and identifies the calling number. This information is then sent to the device via a push notification. Call forwarding is completely free for both you and the caller!

What about my privacy?
First of all it is important to understand that the system does not store any call. The call history is directly managed by your device, locally on your phone. No personal information is stored in the system. Your telephone number is used to generate a unique, non-invertible code associated with the device; this code will then be used to send notifications to the right user. The code generation is being done directly on the phone with the SHA224 algorithm. In addition, the cloud infrastructure that hosts the system ensures maximum security from any cyber attack.

How do I uninstall the app?
It's very simple! Just select the Uninstall menu item inside the app to disable call forwarding and complete the uninstall; all the data will be automatically removed from both your phone and our systems. And what if you regret it ...?

What will happen after 2018?
We are firmly determined to not include any advertisements within the app to ensure the best possible user experience. In order to bear the costs of the infrastructure and ensure constant improvements, we may have to ask for a small annual contribution, not exceeding 99 euro cents. We are always open to alternative suggestions from the community!

How can I get support, receive information or make suggestions?
If you have any need contact us at missedcallapp@outlook.com, we will reply as soon as possible!

SO GUYS...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suxsem.missedcall
Keywords: missed calls, I called you, who called, missed call, phone call, unreachable, wind, tre, tim, vodafone, fastweb, orange, busy, phonefunky, whooming, call notification, call forwarding, call log, dual, sim

Screenshot_1539441476.png Screenshot_1539442359.png Screenshot_1539442365.png Screenshot_1539442516.png Screenshot_1539442767.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First I recall we had an extensive discussion about the nuances between "nerd" and "geek" and I think the general consensus was that today they are interchangeable terms. And I am in no way offended in the slightest by being called a nerd or a geek. I embrace my inner nerd and express it in the geekiest way possible. It's a badge of honor, not something to be ashamed of! </soapbox>

The app looks interesting for those in areas of marginal service or people who find themselves in structures that tend to block cell signals. I am not one of those fortunately (unfortunately for you) so I doubt I'd ever need the app. Good luck with it, though!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones