• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing apps in Canadian market? Yelp not working

kzod

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Hey guys, I'm new to this, but when I look in Market I sometimes can't find certain apps. Was just looking for Where (where.com) a good travel app and it's not in there. Also when I install Yelp, it installs but immediately closes when I try to launch. :mad:

Is this a canada thing or what? Is the firmware so old that these phones are useless?

Hey guys, I'm new to this, but when I look in Market I sometimes can't find certain apps. Was just looking for Where (where.com) a good travel app and it's not in there. Also when I install Yelp, it installs but immediately closes when I try to launch. :mad:

Is this a canada thing or what? Is the firmware so old that these phones are useless?

Certainly some applications are limited by location. Also Roger's is releasing a paid subscription Navigator type application this month so I'm betting they have convinced Google not to allow these free apps on our Market.

http://www.androidincanada.ca/news/rogers-releases-navigator-app-for-android/

Upvote 0
I'm a Canadian user as well, got my Galaxy a couple of months ago as a replacement for my CDMA HTC Touch (which is a fantastic little device, since the linux kernel was ported to it. It'll even run 2.1 builds of Android) when the digitizer on my touchscreen died. I have to say that the stock 1.5 build that Bell ships with the Galaxy really sucks. I had installed drakaz recovery using fastboot and was running Galaxo 1.6 within a week of getting my phone. :) Really has made a difference in the phone. I use both Yelp! and Google Places, and both work wonderfully under this build. I really strongly recommend upgrading, you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones