• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing files after move

TheAtheistReverend

Anybody want a peanut?
Feb 24, 2010
Minneapolis
Hey Y'all,

My friend at work has the Skyrocket and asked me to help her.

Long story short, I used ES file explorer to copy paste her photos from her SD/DCIM/Camera folder to her SD_ext/DCIM/Camera folder. I watched the progress going in the pulldown menu and walked away. When I came back, I cleared the gallery app data/cache and rebooted the phone (to get the pics to show up properly in her gallery). Now ALL the files I "moved" are gone!

Her phone isn't rooted, so I can't use recovery software from the play store.

Anyone have any idea how to get them back? Will something like Recuva on my laptop work? Will the internal SD mount fpr that?

Sorry, I have yet to own a phone that has an internal sd, so I'm not entirely sure how they play.

TIA,
TAR

Hi Rev. I've never used Recuva but I've seen some people have success with it. Before you try that, download QuickPic from the Play Store and see if the pics will show up.

I love QuickPic, but that didn't do the trick. Thanks for the idea.

Will the internal sd mount to my pc? Remember the phone is not rooted...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones